ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diy decat

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I should thinks its steel BUT woulod it not be easier to just buy a Decat as you'll need a Cat come MOT or selling on time

2002 172
Got a spare 1 from my mate just havent seen inside it yet. i did my old vw golf gti T just smashing it out was a effort but saved money

Clio 182
Was goona suggest that if you do it this way, it would better cutting it, taking it out and welding it back up....

RB 182 cup
it will sound very tinny as the sound will echo around. best of cutting it out and welding a pipe in.

vers le haut doigt milieu
A decat pipe from powerflow shouldn't be more then £50-80! And you can sell your cat for £20-40!

Also very bad for flow if you smash them out as you essentialy have a large expansion chamber sat in the front sectiion of the exhaust. Smash it out and hammer a suitable diameter bit of pipe down it.

What we used to do on the Esprit V8's ;-)

Cheers
M