ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

display & help with finding a hole!

having just got my clio (yey!) i want to install my alpine head.

is there anything u can buy to replact the display of the original unit - small cubby hole or something?

also - sorry to be a pain

my alpine head need a direct supply from the battery - i cant for the life of me find a hole to take the lead from the car to under the bonnet. can it go with the main loom? and if so where is it??! the hole needs to big enough to take an amp wirre too! 1000w so its quite thick!

would be really greatfull if someone could help me find a hole

no jokes pls!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the alpine unit will run fine on the stereo power feed

what clio do you have it says 1.4 rt but i didnt think they had a seperate display

t-reg 1.4 rt thats right! has a seperate display!!

tried runnin the alpine off the block but this wire needs connecting to battery for main power ! :confused:

need the hole for the amp power cable too!

oh feelin thick at th mo!!!!

(will the steering remote thing work?? or does it need wiring up seperate?)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

;) true that

ok

1. you need a new dash top from a van or a low spec clio (dont bother)

2. the stalk control needs a interface box from alpine (£50-easy to fit)

3.Run the amp cable through the bonnet release grommet (morning) trace the cable in the engine bay to find out where it goes- dont use 0-gauge (really thick) wire its too much unless your planning to have 6 amps your ice dealer will advise you on the best wire you need

4. the alpine unit DOES NOT have to use a direct battery feed despite what it says in the manual run it on the exising power for now and worry about it later.

cheers for that m8 - but as im runnin the amp cable through i may as well run the head unit power cable throught too? as im doin it i mean???

so pull the bonnet re;ease thingy out and run the cables up with that right???

thanks again fellas

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you have to make the hole bigger in the grommet you must use the gromet if you dont then BANG!! when the power cable snaps

if you dont use a grommet the sharp sides f the metal work can with time cut through the wire shielding and eventually touch the live wire very bad news if that happens