ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Display gone black but pc still running, GPU dead?

So as I was generally browsing all 3 of my displays turned black and displayed the typical 'no input' message. The pc was still running though and no audible message sounds were heard. I could still go through the menu on my G510 display, CPU still active etc... so it hadn't froze.
I tried leaving the CMOS battery out for nearly an hour, GPU had to come out to do this so I had a quick inspection, nothing out of the ordinary. The fans were still spinning when the displays went off, which was the first thing I checked. That hasn't solved it, also switching to a different PCIE slot hasn't done anything. I can however have full use of my computer with just a single hdmi connected to the motherboard with the GPU still out.
I don't want to admit it, but Am I going to be asking for GPU reccomendations?

Specs are -
Asrock z75 pro3
I5 2500k sandybridge
16gb G-skill DDR3
Corsair TX750M
Scandisk 128gb SSD
WD Black 2tb HDD
WD Blue 2tb HDD

The offending GPU - HIS iceQ X2 7950

Any ideas guys?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It could be GPU related mate... any chance you can take the GPU into another system (maybe a mate's) and try it there? Or, alternatively, borrow a mate's GPU and try that in your system?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
That board has an onboard VGA port that will use the Intel HD graphics thing on your CPU. Plug a monitor into that and see if you get any joy (ignore me if you've already tried that and I'm blind)