ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

display colour problem - NOT monitor

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Occasionally I would get a little flicker of pinks / purple colours across the screen that I just put down to the monitor not being that good (cheapy Advent). Today the whole screen had changed in its shading to make whites light pink, orange reds and yellow all now appear an inferno orange colour. lol

I swapped the screen over with my small TV that has VGA connection and the problem remains therefore it must be in the PC somewhere. I've disconnected and plugged back in the screen lead and nothing. I've gone into control panel and played around with my refresh rates and resolution but no joy.

After about 10minutes it's making my eyes go funny and giving me a headache, and to top it off I'm in my final year of uni and hand in dates are only a few weeks away.

Please help

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sounds like a driver/connection issue!
i know you can get the pink/purple if the DVI connection isn't fully plugged in, so maybe connection has gone dodgy?
try updating drivers!

So you don't get carried away, I have very little knowledge of this kind.
DVI connection?
updating drivers? I'm looking for that now

Golf GT & A4 Avant
reviving an old thread.... the problem above is now permanent. went fine for a while then started to play up again, and updating drivers didn't really make any difference. Now the screen is permanently this off purple colour.

I've swapped monitors and is still the same, I presume this is a graphics card issue?

What should I look for in a new graphics card? went into maplins and can get a 1GB, 800 hz card for approx £50. Does this seem suitable? don't really use the computer for much movie watching or gaming

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Dave - any idea what card you have in at the minute? Or what slot are available in your PC? You could take a pic of both and post on here, if needs-be?

Replacement cards for general use are cheap as chips - I'm sure between us on here we could suggest a good all-rounder card for you. :)

D.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
will be trying to re seat it tomorrow but disconnected it all, all cables etc, and no change. Will get another cable to try also as not got one to hand

current card is
Graphics card(s)ATI Radeon X1200
Graphics/video portsVGA
When you say what slots are available, are ou referring to space for additional cards inside the tower? apologies, I'm not very up to speed with IT in general. Until it started to faulter I've been happy with my requirements from it.

Reading up on replacing graphics cards I see that some mention a requirement of 16pin connections or needing more PSU? than the computer can give