ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

External monitor problems.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Just got my MDP to HDMI adapter and plugged it in.

The screen has been recognised no problems but it looks awful, really grainy and dull.

It's an LG full HD 22" monitor that I previously had hooked up to my windows laptop via VGA and it looked clear as day, really crisp picture and vivid colours.

I've tried 1080i and 1080p settings but no difference there. Also tried various refresh rates to no avail.

Any ideas on how to get a decent picture on this screen?

Another annoying thing... It seems impossible to maximize a video on the external without the MBP screen going black. So I can't browse/watch a vid at the same time...

And is it possible for the MBP wallpaper to be mirrored on the external display?

Windows 1 - Mac 0 in this little episode!

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's the monitor only accepting specific inputs via HDMI.

VGA inputs on TV's/monitors tend to accept a much wider range of input resolutions, one of the VGA resolutions will be native.

Connect the MBP via a VGA adaptor and it'll work as well as the windows laptop did.

Last edited: