ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discs and pads

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looking for a decent set of front/rear discs and pads. I am currently running Brembo discs and pads but the amount of brake dust they kick out is horrendous. Wont be going on track, but just after something for fast road use. Any recommendations?

I have some fresh typ200 to flush through and some braided lines to fit so wanted to do it all at once.
I want to keep dust to a minimum but obviously want better brakes than what i currently have...

Just go with Pagid OE from Euro. Never had any issues with them on road or track for that matter and they are cheap. I've had 2 sets of Brembo HC discs warp now and the OE pads are pretty poor albeit last ages on the road.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah pagid pads are decent. Pretty sure I have those. Changed the pads ages ago and my memory is shocking.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Pagid OE pads are great, I found Brembo pads to squeak like mad and generally have a pretty crap fit.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Will I notice an improvement with the Pagid pads?
I still want decent stopping power and i'm happy to pay for it.

I found Pagid had better bite over Brembo. Even done a few track days with them. The Brembo's were hopeless and faded in less than a lap.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I've been running TRW front and rear pads for tha past couple of years . Really good wear rate , last ages . Good bite from cold and never fade when hot on the road ( not track ) . I've had Mintex 1144's , they squealed like f**k, very loud, to the point they were annoying amd embarassing.

https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/brake-pads/trw-gdb1405_g900005_a161GDB1405.html
https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/rear-brake-pads/trw-gdb1305_g900006_a161GDB1305.html

Yeah i agree the squealing could be embarrassing if your not into cars and know that most fast road/race pads do squeal.
Did they work well tho?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah i agree the squealing could be embarrassing if your not into cars and know that most fast road/race pads do squeal.
Did they work well tho?
Everytime you start to slow down they squeal really loud. I went from the Mintex pads to TRW pads . From my experience the TRW pads work better, so that's what I'll be stucking with.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I was more thinking biting point than fade,as fast road use i dont think you would get much fade on any pad.
They bite well from cold . I wouldn't use them if they shite . I paid about £90 for the 1144's a few years back and don't think it was £90 well spent. I was glad to change them in the end. Try the TRW's . I'll put money on it that you'll be surprised how good they are for very little money.

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
I use ebc pads as there ceramic so dont squeak. However latly they been selling them without the metal shim anti vibrate pad so you have to buy pads you stick on the back also ebc sell them. It stops any squeal noises £20 for pads