ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dirt: Showdown

Goliath I
Billed as a "new experience" for the series, it will see the realistic rally franchise add competitive racing elements, as well as an emphasis on boosts, tricks and crashes.

'Racing' events offer nitrous boosts over ramps and through obstacles, 'Demolition Derby' has players smash and grind their way through the opposition, and 'Hoonigan' offers the opportunity to demonstrate freestyle tricks and stunts.

As well as 50 different events across four championships in a variety of weather conditions, multiplayer options include local split-screen play, eight-player online and YouTube integration.

"DiRT Showdown is not the sequel to the authentic rally-centric DiRT 3, but a brand new experience from the DiRT team," said vice president of development Julian Widdows.

"We're building on Codemasters Racing Studio's world-class strengths in track design, graphics, AI, damage and online to create a new theatre of racing with the emphasis on accessibility and fun from race one."

Looks different, liking the Destruction Derby type gameplay. Hopefully with this out they will concentrate on a stronger rally based game rather than the Americanization the series has fallen to when they do Dirt 4

Last edited by a moderator:
  A SHED!
dirt is sh*te now the yanks have had their say. Crap gymkana mode tbh. dirt 2 was better than 3.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks s**t! They should do 2 games. One with the drift/gymkanah stuff and another that concentrates on rally (ala Colin McRae on the PS2). I bet the latter would out sell 2:1 minimum.

Goliath I
I preferred dirt 3 to the second one and enjoyed the gymkhana stages.

Hopefully this edition will man that the next will concentrate on rallying, but then the dirt games have been rebooted to appeal to the mass market so I can't see it happening tbh

1eight2
Demo is out for this and I actually quite like it. Reminds me of the Demolition Derby days and online is pretty fun. Anyone else tried it out?

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah I like the demo. Reminds me a lot of the derby races in GRiD, which is most certainly a good thing. Spent ages on those!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not convinced myself tbh, its better than I thought it would be but still not sure.

RS Clio 182
Demo was disappointing - seems like a watered down version of destruction derby,you dont even get points for spinning other cars 180/360 degrees...there needs to be a lot more debris flying about,if they are going to base the game mainly on this mode i want to be more in-depth...always loved the idea of having 'rivals' in the original DD games - they need to develop the other drivers and their behaviours so you have enemies etc.

I'll probably give this a miss atm as i really cant be bothered with the gymkhana stuff again in the career mode - graphics are great and if they develop the DD mode more i might look for it when its cheaper. Online mode is the main appeal for me on this one.