ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direnza mk3 spacers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Has anyone heard of these? I've not but just come across them tonight.

They look identical to h&r spacers bar the black anodising and studs instead of thread inserts.

Would you trust the quality of these? They work out around £50ish cheaper for a full set than H&Rs, but I've always got that "buy cheap, buy twice" in the back of my head.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231630823716&globalID=EBAY-GB

$_35.jpg

Cheers​

BG Clio 182
Tbh mate just go H&R or Eibach. I wouldn't entertain anything less when it's connected to the wheels. You'll be worrying all the time and especially when pushing on etc.

Clio 200t
For £50 difference wouldn't even be a contemplation for me. H&r and Eibach have been fitted to loads of 197/200s with no issues reported, that's what I'd be doing.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They look like they could be decent, however they have built in studs which could be weak.

Also my h&r's have steel inserts which gives me more confidence. Having had h&r's for nearly 2 years without any issues is what I'd be going for. Well proven and the quality is brilliant so worth the extra monies.

You can't 'buy cheap, buy twice' with wheel spacers!

I ended up with h&r trak+ spacers with steel inserts for the front on my 182. At the time I didn't really want to pay the extra £30 but now I can't believe I even considered putting cheaper billet spacers on.

For me the extra piece of mind is well worth £30/50

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Id never buy cheap billet spacers, and if it was obvious that the direnza studs were wound straight into the aluminium, I wouldn't have even asked the question.

But if these things have steel inserts like the H&Rs to protect the aluminium threads, and the studs were decent, I wouldn't think they weren't up to the job.

But as nobody knows for sure, I'll play it safe and go H&R

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I have a set of H&R spacers on my R27. I shall be taking them off as I am purchacing a set of the 8" Clio Cup Speedlines. I think they are 25mm, can by them if you want them @Knuckles ?

Clio 172 2002
They don't have any steel inserts. bolts right into the aluminum. But tbh I dont know how much of a big deal that is, lot's of people with turbo'd 400+ HP vags have them and STI's.
but yeah, not worth the risk.
80-image_61169c81f14482eb66d561ca925b9e1b95c66c06.jpg