ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

different tread tyres on same axel

RB 182 FF
as title really, got 3 tyres 2 on rear and 1 on front that are the same tread, and the other front is different, the odd one is a "V" style pattern, the other ones are "normal" im no techy!!

so advice is generally keep to same tread on axel, is this so and just how bad/dangerous is it, and also shoul i look to get all 4 tyres the same tread?

cheers

RB 182 FF
ive read a few sites etc saying same thing, just wondering how dangerous it is really, or if i should not drive it until i get it done

RB 182 FF
just read about radial and cross ply tyres, so as long as i not got different ones i cant be charged with law breaking, only thing is my anal side coming thru and wanting symmetery :)

cheers for replies guys

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I wouldn't run two types of tyres on an axle...but yeah it's purely for cosmetic reasons.

RB 182 FF
it'd just be a shame and seem a waste of money as all 4 tyres have excellent tread and are obviously not too old, id be after getting a spare alloy for spare wheel as my 182 doesnt come with one, but again seems needless expense, i got a mate who works for a tyre centre who may do me a deal on mine for a new one of same type