ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

differences between 1.8 16v and williams engine?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
at a first glance how can you tell the difference between the 2? At 2nd glance ie pulling, prodding, pointing and studying how do you tell the difference?

S2000
At 1st glance - you won't tell the difference, lol. I'm not totally sure but I think the willy starter motor is different and the willy has strengthening veigns on the block. I'm not all that sure though so I'll let someone else advise you.

It's as they are so similar that loads of people don't bother to declare it to their insurance if they drop a 2.0 in a valver - unless your unlucky they are never going to tell it's a willy engine.

Looking for a ph-quick...
The crank shaft is out of the diesel engine i believe, you wont be able to tell at a glance but the williams has a wider suspension set up and the wheels will 'fill' the arches more when compared to a valver.

AmirClio said:
The crank shaft is out of the diesel engine i believe, you wont be able to tell at a glance but the williams has a wider suspension set up and the wheels will 'fill' the arches more when compared to a valver.

Suspension isn't engine :p

Manifold (although they are interchangable)
White dot on dipstick (although they are interchangable)
Smaller starter motor (but hidden under a heat shield)
Engine code - F7R (as opposed to F7P on 16v)

If it's in a car, Williams standard hits limiter at 6500rpm.. and it pulls from 2kRPM.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
AmirClio said:

lol i know the difference between a valver and willy mate, i said at first glance so i wouldnt be able to tell a crank from a crain

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
just kidding mate,

i thought the valver and willy manis looked different but as has been said interchangeable, just got to go with engine numbers i suppose

Hmm..
I have 1.8 16V Clio and i was wondering, what kind of job is to put 2.0L block in that engine? Is the Cylinder head same?

Is it problem to get 150-200hp of that engine? Does Megane 2.0L 8v block go straight to 1.8 16V engine?

What about drive shafts and transmissions?

Looking for a ph-quick...
You can use the bottom end from megane 2.0 16v or a williams as they are the same and they will fit your valver head. Its not a big job ive just bought a hybrid lump to go the valver, all you need is a an engine crane, some rachets, lots of tea and somone who knows what there doing! To get 200bhp your looking at throttle bodies, a properly worked head, cams, remap so on and so on!

Is 2.0L Williams better transmission as 1.8L does?

What about driveshaft? Where i can get "cheap" high pressure pistons to 2.0L engine?

Is meggy 2.0 8valve and 16valve block same?

Can i use meggys crankshaft with no problemo ?

What compression rate i get with 2.0L meggys pistons and block and 1.8L cylinder head?

It's very hard get those pistons to finland ;)

About the block, is 8valve 2.0L meggy's same as 16valve 2.0L meggy's block?