ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference in matched inlets?

Hi guys,
Going to get matched inlets on my car in the next few weeks, just wondering what difference if any is which inlets are matched, i.e jms do upper and lower, ktec just do lower, is there any more bhp achieved with lower and upper or are both the same?

Many thanks

PH1 172 Sport
Should get more from getting both matched. Seems silly to me doing one and not the other.

Has to be both sections to get the full benefit.

Quite strange on how ktec only offer lower, maybe they do offer both but when i asked this bex replied and just said lower, maybe a typo or they only do offer lower inlets, anyone had inlets from ktec?

no more power just picks up better from low down, 3 feels MUCH better

So now more bhp gains just better lower down power, imo (dont know alot about this lol) i would of thought it would be better and bhp to have both done rather than one, however im sure ktec have an answer to why they only do lower

Black Clio GT
hard to tell what bhp difference there is cos most people to it with a re-map but like most have said i would do both, that should help with with air flow and improved response, not all about bhp more about how it delivers it tbh.....

hard to tell what bhp difference there is cos most people to it with a re-map but like most have said i would do both, that should help with with air flow and improved response, not all about bhp more about how it delivers it tbh.....

Yeah im going for a live map in april at rstuning, wanting to get matched inlets before but its deciding who to get them done off

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I gained 10bhp on the same rolling road from mine done by Jamsport..

RS RIP
The lower one is known to have the worse casing... i also had them both done , but the lower one counts the most