ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did some tests today.... with performance meter..

I did a few tests... found an empty long 'private' road in the middle of nowhere! and wanted to see how the 182 performs with the performance meter, to see what kind of performance its delivering.. as you do! I did all tests along the same stretch of road going in both directions 3 times each way (hot day!).

I have felt the accelleration seems to be lacking a bit from a standing/rolling start.. and I found this showed on the meter with the 'Traction Control' switched 'ON'

With the traction control on, the best 0-60 I could do was 7.1 secs, this repeated itself 3 times very closely with surprisingly the same 'poor' results.

Then again, this time turning the traction control OFF, straight away I reduced the time to 6.63 secs ! (and it felt much better! was a good launch..minimal wheelspin) and the other times were 6.78 secs and 6.83 secs (the clutch was starting to burn a bit at the end, so that was enough)

I dont want this to sound like a 'Boy Racers R us' test, just showing the defference that I found doing a back to back test with timing meter... and traction control test.

Never Speed! Unless you've got a smokie in your tail!

We went out last night with the gtech, and i got a 6.33s to 60 in my 182, and 6.6s in my mates cup, which i could have got faster if it didnt spin the wheels!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Gtech's are known to be a little bit generous, but still good to have a play with and get an 'idea' of what your car's like.

133/225/CLS AMG
Pretty impressive when you think about it!! Nice to have some proof that they can outperform their stated performance figures.

Scirocco GT 210
I've done a couple of 0-60 runs using my Gtech pro and the best was 6.28 secs. Might take my interior out and try again, see if stripping really makes it any quicker.

Yes I'm bored :eek:

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
Steve2004 said:
I've done a couple of 0-60 runs using my Gtech pro and the best was 6.28 secs. Might take my interior out and try again, see if stripping really makes it any quicker.

I heard if you fold the rear seats down and it'll go sub 6 seconds. :D

Broken Diesel Megane :(
i have mine stripped now and it is quicker than b4 without a doubt, but i need to find a way of getting the power onto road without spinning. so i think wider tyres might do the trick.

Steve2004 said:

lol.. If you wanna empty u'r car out,

I've emptied out my 5, and it shaved a fair chunk of time off.. stops faster.. and handles better.. but I couldnt do this to a modern car thats worth a few bucks.

The Stereo has gone now too, just a single seat left.. but it goes! Fair bit quicker than the 182.

stripped01.gif

barenecessities.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/182IDpics/My 5GTT/barenecessities.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/182IDpics/My 5GTT/stripped01.jpg

Steve2004 said:

Impressive time there, it does take some practice without the TC button on, without the wheelspin.. I like being the one to control the sprin than a button tho.

DiBraggio said:
i have mine stripped now and it is quicker than b4 without a doubt, but i need to find a way of getting the power onto road without spinning. so i think wider tyres might do the trick.

You just cant drive mate ;)

VRS
sorry to hijack the thread but what would you lot advise for doing 0-60 sprints? traction control on or off?
im going to be doing my first proper 0-60's at trax and am intersted in peoples opinions on the traction control when launching?

andy

Broken Diesel Megane :(
off, and if zonda can find 3 more tyres in there that look like that tractor one we have a deal ;)

Scirocco GT 210
makavelli said:
sorry to hijack the thread but what would you lot advise for doing 0-60 sprints? traction control on or off?
im going to be doing my first proper 0-60's at trax and am intersted in peoples opinions on the traction control when launching?

andy

What's traction control? :clown:

Some of us don't even have it!

GavFre said:
Traction control is for pussies:p

Wish i had it in the winter though...

Its good for wet or winter conditions.. but in the dry warm conditions (summer), it just slows you down...unless you've got 300+bhp and cant get any traction without it.. or using your own clutch control.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Traction control is pish! Stripping out is deffo a good way to improve your 0-60, less weight to get moving...my best 0-60 is 5.22 IIRC