ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Happy Birthday :p x

Great progress also matey. :)

Should look awesome with the coilovers on!

Titanium 182
Cheers :) Coils should be with me tomorrow and I just got a BEEFY socket/tools kit so can fit them as soon as I get a chance !

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
Happy Birthday for yesterday chap!
well i've had a few weeks away from CS and everything bloody changes!!
on the other hand... welcome to the ph1 club james! think i might have driven past you last weekend anyway just didnt know you had swopped the 182!

... HID'S ARE A TOTAL MUST... DO IT!

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
I moved up here about a month ago now! Started doing my BSc Computer Forensics up here at Northumbria Uni!
I keep nipping back now and again to see the missus and have a *slow* blast in the clio but yep i'm pretty much up here full time for the next 4 years :/ scary times..!

Titanium 182
Coils got delivered today but no one was in so I'll have to pick them up after work Friday. Gah !
:(

Titanium 182
Cheers welsh !^

Aye Tom!

Just been and collected the coilovers now on my lunch :cool:
Had a quick look and they look ace ! so can fit them whenever ;)
Gonna see if my uncle will lend me a ramp for a couple of hours at his garage as they have air tools etc there but would still appreciate some help :rasp:

Cheers welsh !^

Aye Tom!

Just been and collected the coilovers now on my lunch :cool:
Had a quick look and they look ace ! so can fit them whenever ;)
Gonna see if my uncle will lend me a ramp for a couple of hours at his garage as they have air tools etc there but would still appreciate some help :rasp:

I'm working saturday but i may well be about sunday if you need some extra fingers.

Titanium 182
Alright if I can't get a ramp I'll let you know and you can help me sunday then :rasp:

Giz ya number mayteee

Titanium 182
Uncles letting me use one of his ramps tomorrow morning (8am :dead:) so I need to know wtf to do with the top mounts & how I go about setting the things all at the same height !

Coilover guide anyone ? :rasp:

Titanium 182
Coils are fitted, took me 4 and a half hours and that's with a ramp and air tools..

I hate changing suspension parts on cars it's such a ball ache.

Concerning the coilovers I've ridden blackpool donkeys that handle better, however this is because I haven't had them set up (camber etc) yet they look quite nice the height is pretty much spot on for me I think. However I kerbed an alloy on the ramp,
my passenger window has died completely.
All the metal cables and pulleys used to raise the glass are fucked so it's being held up by a piece of wood and I've lost a plastic bit from the inside of my drivers door which means the interior grab handle is loose and can't be screwed down.

RAGE !

Plus I got covered in dirt/grease/oil all over and bruised my ribs.

Also some ginger guy in Halfords told me I needed a different bulb to what Tom advised me (You were right Tom he told me to get a 9006 bulb) and it didn't fit but I burned my fingers on the contacts trying to get it to fit.

Luckily they gave me the right bulb for free.

Back to Renault for more parts to fix the interior, yay! I still need a new steering wheel and I also need one of the vents as its snapped inside.

I would have taken pictures on the coils but my iphone has decided the built in camera Isn't actually for taking pictures anymore so they will have to wait.

Peace!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Dude someone is breaking a silver ph1 atm in the for sale threads, I'm sure you could get any bits and bobs you need off of him!

Just a heads up :)

Edit: oh and pics?

Titanium 182
Dude someone is breaking a silver ph1 atm in the for sale threads, I'm sure you could get any bits and bobs you need off of him!

Just a heads up :)

Edit: oh and pics?

Aye cheers, have seen it already, asked him for his steering wheel and grab handles but they're f**ked apparently... going to respray my handles & get my steering wheel covered I think.

I know exactly who the ginger dude will have been. Kids a bell end. Apologies I wasnt around mate.

Aye sits at the back on the parts desk talking to some lass every time I go in lol. Called Chris aint he ?

Nice update LOL
I've calmed down a bit now ;) the coils are quite funny actually there is like zero body roll so you can push & push & push and get lots of satisfying squealing, they just don't feel that stable..

/Hooligan

ph1's are growing on me!

I used to hate them too :)

Kid is called Adam. Thinks hes a gangster and goes on about all his 'hard' mates and the women he has fucked. The boy is 17, very short, ginger and fat. He's never even seen a woman.

Lazy as feck - so will stand around all day, then when somone actually asks him something, he will just lie and make it up if he doesnt know (this happens a lot) hence why he sold you a 9006.

/Rant

I know exactly what you mean re. the complete lack of roll. My moto is: Keep pushing until the tyres come off, then ease off slightly.

My ph1 has just had some interesting updates too!

Titanium 182
I got the impression he was a bit thick haha oh well, share your updates ? will make a change from bulbs blowing losing screws and windows randomly falling down inside doors with a bang loud enough to scare the s**t out of even a G like Adam.

you could s**t the kid up with a well aimed fart let alone your wood assisted windows.

Managed to finally get a chance to throw on the decat and the short shifter. I think the shifter is broken though, either that or at some point in the fitting I added concrete to the gearbox. The exhaust is now LOUD though, hoping it will coke up and quieten down.

Having another punt at my buckets tomorrow, might be out for a wee drive after if your around

Titanium 182
Be interested to see the short shifter always sounded tempting. Could be up for that depending, is there anywhere open tomorrow that will do my camber etc ?

Don't want to be blasting about and wearing everything to f**k because I'm rolling like that camber prick with the golf.

Would be up for a drive if I can get it sorted though deffo.

Titanium 182
And how exactly the f**k do I do that ? :rasp:

Those camber bolts just looked like they had s**t washers on them, f**k knows how you adjust camber!?

thats what the washers are for. They are eliptical and match the cut in the bolt so by turning them you can adjust the placement of the hub on the suspension arm, thereby affecting camber.

Jack it up, take the wheel off, loosen the bottom nut a decent amount, then do the same with the top one, then put a ratchet/spanner on the bolt side and see how it will pull the hub around and therefore alter the angle of the wheel face.

just take care not to bend the washers as this makes it more difficult to mess with the camber.

Titanium 182
I don't get it, there was only like two positions you could put the washer in otherwise it sat proud of the part of the shocker it screws to.

Rather just get some geek to do it :rasp:

alien green rs133
I don't get it, there was only like two positions you could put the washer in otherwise it sat proud of the part of the shocker it screws to.

Rather just get some geek to do it :rasp:

set to max = done

my camber is 7+ degree's :D

turns in nice :D

Titanium 182
Areeeet, uploaded.

Busy day today, went to halfords for some supplies:

White primer

"Custom" mixed Titanium silver.

Right, interior grab handles needed respraying, they were disgusting. The laquer on them had gone all sticky & yellow, looked like they were covered in phlegm!

I don't have pictures of how they did look but most people with a ph1 will know what I mean...

Sanded them down (Not with 80 grit this time ;))

4022752697_2f002c7316.png

4022760145_7bd5508b04.png

White primer...
4023514754_57f3791a6d.png

The "workshop" ;)

4023521580_f8780286c2.png

Started with the titanium silver..

4022782227_7f369cd520.png

4023524890_daa38bd9f2.png

Pop yo flake :cool:
4023550552_86b55b2c58.png

4023547220_977bbee10c.png

4022795805_44798283f9.png

Drying aid !
4022785573_90a416d6dc.png

I screwed up the spraying on my drivers side and the paint ran...

4022772423_0d79fbb8ab.png

4022769481_f0a4972c04.png

4023534488_58a89cdfb3.png

4023537448_a5515fda19.png

Once it had dried I flatted it down and resprayed.. applied the laquer and
voila !

4022802703_5ca17f9bf2.png

4022798961_c7ee54791e.png

4022805769_3b969c336a.png

4023570354_aa7c441783.png

One million times better.

Whilst the handles were drying I needed to sort some more stuff out, the passenger window which died the other night and was being propper up with a bit of wood was slipping down at the front, also the interior drivers handle which I had just sprayed didn't have a mounting point on the door so it was loose...

Took the door cards out,
4022831879_191d29d408.png

4023575352_8ac388ea0d.png

4023578788_7b777445c9.png

Sorted the window with another piece of wood - Ghetto ;)
I am waiting to go to a scrappers for some new door parts to fix it!
4022824183_ca50f274e8.png

A quick picture of my steering wheel to show how fucked it is... Going to get this recovered next month.
4022835281_2c8e96b95f.png

This part is what was missing and because of this I couldn't screw my interior door handle to the door card... Luckily it had just fallen inside the door so I picked it up and refit it, sorted !

4022827659_049a1854e9.png

Going to respray this to match the grab handles when I get a chance... but it's a damn close match anyway !
4023608166_18e809be6b.png

I fit coilovers yesterday so took a few pictures, it still needs camber doing.
4022842387_189aa766f1.png

4022839005_a7e6848597.png

4023604356_8bcd517d88.png

Camber LOL
4022856273_7ab3550cd6.png

How it sits...
4023611534_5217622168.png

Needs a bloody good clean now, probably the filthiest its ever been since I've had it !

Need to slow down the progress till next month now though as I am starting to run out of money ;)

Aluco.

Titanium 182
I can't believe I forgot the most important update!

...............My cigarette lighter arrived.
4022947291_15c2c36a60.png

I also kerbed my wheel on the ramp when fitting my coils :dead:
4022944235_6ea7a72326.png

Another rear susp pic.
4023698886_f1da06d4de.png

Sod off Feirny :eek: