ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

Titanium 182
Jungle clearing :lolup:

Where are these British kits, tempted by coilovers but I really shouldn't this month :eek: I just spent the best part of a grand on a holiday.

Titanium 182
Just had a PM from a fella off here who is highly rated can do me a set delivered with a years warranty for £75, sound good. Wish I had more money.

On a side note if I buy some will you fit them for a Mars bar.

Titanium 182
Cleaned the throttle body properly today after I picked up my new gasket. Used carb & choke cleaner, worked well !
Still no sign of my ITG filter or cigarette lighter :( brother passed his driving test today though :)

4006677186_542e7c7b2f.png

4005911377_b69712bf41.png

4006677950_c2d003d2f3.png

They cleaned up nicely eventually.

Titanium 182
Wheeyy !
So my ITG finally arrived,
4008292021_c3774b6020.png

4009058316_d2a59e20a0.png

(I forgot they coat them in oil and got it all over my hands :dapprove:)

Whacked it in
4008293657_0b0c99244b.png

4009059860_61bcf148f8.png

Engine bay needs a tidy but cba atm.

4009060328_90df3e2453.png

Ta daa! (JD ;))

Not driven it for long with it in but it feels ok, maybe slightly more urgent but nothing to write home about, makes a slightly deeper noise on full throttle too. I'm pleased with it and its a hell of a lot cleaner than my old one !

Now.... Should I order some Ktec coilovers........ ?

bodied 172 Ph1
ok, maybe I need to read a bit better rather than just scanning the text..lol, but my lights are no where near that bright!!

Titanium 182
ok, maybe I need to read a bit better rather than just scanning the text..lol, but my lights are no where near that bright!!

I think the pics you're reffering to aren't mine bud !

Someone showing me their HID's :rasp: I just have standard lights atm :)

bodied 172 Ph1
ha, fair enough. do you find them a bit crappy? I want to upgrade mine but don't really know where to start! Your car lots mint fella, good work!

Titanium 182
Yeah I had a 182 before and the ph1 lights suck compared to the xenons, gonna get some HID's asap !!

Thanks dude :)

Titanium 182
What coils have you got Tom, I'm on the verge of ordering some KTR ones (Birthday tomorrow :cool:) Messaged Ktec asking if they would do me a set for the introductory price
:rasp:

/cheeky

Titanium 182
Aye aren't they basically the same product ?

That sounds a decent idea, up for it !

Are they much harsher than Std ? Don't want to ultra slam it just tidy low!

Titanium 182
If ktec will do them for a decent price I will order them if not I'll have a ride in yours first mate :)

Haven't you got yours set really low ? every time I see your car it looks decked lol. Don't mind them being a bit firmer I just don't want to get pissed off at them driving into Leeds everyday!

197 ff albi
weitec coilovers on my ph1
126.gif

im probably gonna wind it down a bit more tho but the handling is immense at the mo so im torn

If ktec will do them for a decent price I will order them if not I'll have a ride in yours first mate :)

Haven't you got yours set really low ? every time I see your car it looks decked lol. Don't mind them being a bit firmer I just don't want to get pissed off at them driving into Leeds everyday!

To be honest mine isnt silly low.

Fair enough its as low as it will go on the back without taking the platforms out, but the front could go waayy lower.

Doesnt catch on much really - certain speed bumps are a no-no and i cant go up kerbs but day to day that doesnt cause an issue. Its driven like that everywhere daily and its never got me really stuck.

The rubbish fitting exhaust does clang on the rear beam a lot at the moment though, its bloody annoying.

Titanium 182
I like the look of weitecs, there are some for sale on here second hand but £100 more...

Not too worried about the handling as long as it isn't worse than standard I will only do a couple of track days a year.. Just want them to be not too harsh !

Yours looks sweet at that height on the cups anyway Tom !
You got a stealth system ? don't think I will bother getting an aftermarket exhaust on mine tbh.

bodied 172 Ph1
I'm running ast's on mine, it's a lovely ride!

How did you do the HID change Tom? was it tricky?

Yours looks sweet at that height on the cups anyway Tom !
You got a stealth system ? don't think I will bother getting an aftermarket exhaust on mine tbh.

Thanks man, yeh its a stealth system but its made by longlife.

I'm running ast's on mine, it's a lovely ride!

How did you do the HID change Tom? was it tricky?

Piece of piss really. The kits are simply plug and play. Hardest part is finding a place for the ballasts to go.

197 ff albi
Piece of piss really. The kits are simply plug and play. Hardest part is finding a place for the ballasts to go.

literally as tom said, i got mine from HIDs4U brilliant kit, proper fittings and plugs straight in none of the nonsense with little connectors on the end of 2 wires i had in other hid kits, highly recommend them however they are not cheap but you do get a good warantee on them

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
my hid4u kit interferes with the fm on my radio in the 197........

Titanium 182
I will need a hand fitting lol, you don't know anywhere where I could do it do you ?
I'm not allowed to do any work on the new driveway :eek:

Last time I fucked with susp on the drive I jumped on the wishbone and the NS driveshaft popped out pissing eggy oil all over, my old man was NOT impressed.

You can do it on my driveway if you can get to bradford.

First thing you will need to do though i imagine is get the strut top nuts whizzed off by someone with an impact gun.

i bought a swan neck spanner specifically to do mine and i still couldnt get enough force on without rounding them off. Local garage down Cardigan Road nipped them off for nowt. Get them as tight as i could by hand - drove home, whipped them off - job done.

Titanium 182
Where abouts in brad ? My uncle is manager of alba tyres on Leeds road (classy) he will whizz them off for me. Saying that if he's not busy he will probably let me use a ramp so you could give me a hand there if its quiet.

On a side note I've just realised I'm now 20 : /

/wrists

Titanium 182
Ah you're just past apperley bridge ! my gran lives near you in greengates lol.
I'll have a word with my uncle & let you know when they get delivered :)