ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diamondbrite paint protection ????

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
My mum has just ordered her new car and the dealer is trying to sell diamondbrite paint protection he said it is garenteed for life which sound really good but is it and could I just get the same from a good wax ???

Thanks want to know as it is about 300 pounds !!!

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
My mum has just ordered her new car and the dealer is trying to sell diamondbrite paint protection he said it is garenteed for life which sound really good but is it and could I just get the same from a good wax ???

Thanks want to know as it is about 300 pounds !!!

Go and pay someone who does new car preps and get them to do a protection.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

You will find people on there to do a better job.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a pack off Ebay for £15 and do it yourself. Its just polish.

(I used to sell it, its gubbins.)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
its not even put on properly. i have never ever seena valeter in any dealership doing a proper job. aye the cars look good from a distance, but the polish is applied in about 1 minute to the whole car, missing approximatley 30% of each panel and window. they let it cure then clean it off using what ever they have available usually a box of cut up old clothes or bag of rags. swirl marks a plenty.
put it this way the dealership gets charged £17 for a full sales valet. Full machine polish £12 and application of these products (pureguard supaguard,diamondbrite etc) costs £5 how good a job do you think they do. if you want the product, as siad buy off ebay then apply yourself. but you can buy better products off the shelf, or from CYC/I4D

Pure mark-up to be honest, some wee ned out that back scrubs it on and the dealers pocket a couple of hundred quid!

Was naive to suggest my mum got it (in a previous, non detailing life!) told by the dealer all this crap and i believed it being a porsche center it would be worth it. How could it?!