ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic tools

Clio Expression 5dr
Hello all,

Been thinking for a while about getting a cheap diagnostic scanner for the clio and came across this on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001CBBY7O/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Just have a couple of questions about it, as in all honesty, I know nothing about diagnostic tools;

1. Will it work with a clio?
2. If it does work, why is it so cheap when you pay that, or more just to have one diagnostic check carried out at a garage

Sorry if I'm being thick!

Thanks
Liam

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
It's pretty much just a fault code reader, it's not a full diagnostics machine.
​having a fault code can often help tho, and at that price (providing it works well) then it will be a handy little bit of kit in the tool box.

Clio 172 rep
​My friend used this on my car few days ago told me what was wrong with my car but not the reason why, it said cylinder missfire but that can be caused by manythings and which cylinder i dont know, but yeah it does work for clios :)

Clio Expression 5dr
Oh okay, thanks for the info. Will it be able to turn a warning light off do you think? Or is it just what you said, and it only tells you the problem?

Thanks