ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic help, please

Clio 182
Afternoon chaps

So, I've been having problems with my 182 revving very roughly under load. It's particularly bad when it's cold and worse of all on light/part throttle applications.

I've changed the coil pack, which made not difference whatsoever (and I fart in the general direction of whichever Frenchman designed the mouting bracket for that!). I have an emissions light on, so my thoughts are currently that it's most likely to be one or both of the Lambda sensors that's on the blink. But, the worsening of the problem under light/part throttle (bot not really constant) make me think that it might be an injector.

The engine sounds fine, there's no dephaser noises and once it's into the OMG VTEC JUST KICKED IN zone it runs as normal. I was also not dropped too hard by a Mk 1 Focus RS with a GGR sticker on the back, so I don't think there are any power loss issues.

So, now you have the boring background, could you please help?

What do I look at next? Plugs? Leads?

Is there any fool-proof way of isolating what is causing the problem?

If the plugs and leads are fine, how does one go about checking an injector?

I'd really rather try to sort it myself - I'm pretty mechanically-minded; but because of the nature of the problem I could end up spending a spectacular sum of money chasing the issue. Would I be better off just taking in somewhere?

What do you reckon?

Thanks.

(did try searching for this, but little success - so apologies if glass c*ck)