ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Devon Airfield Sprint - 25/02/07

Another great day at the Airfield, unbelievable turnout, loads of great cars and lots of fun as always. Took 800 pics with the new camera, loved every minute of it, uploaded around 100 of them at the usual place (link below)

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/2513669

As always if anyone wants further pics of their car just PM me, I've got loads more that are fairly sharp...although it will take a day or two as I'm jet lagged and bloody exhausted at the moment.

A thread will appear shortly in the other Media section of all the non-Clios in attendance.

A few samples....

132008284-M.jpg

132008321-M.jpg

132008390-M.jpg

132013005-M.jpg

132012957-M.jpg

132015152-M.jpg

132015185-M.jpg

132025777-M.jpg

132025635-M.jpg

132025686-M.jpg

132025725-M.jpg

132025737-M.jpg

132028020-M.jpg

in progress mk2 golf gti
great pics mate and a great day out shame about matie smackin his rear quater and ed doing the door on his 106. cant wait for the next one:rasp:

Pleased you like them.

As I will get asked sooner or later...

Nikon D50 with Sigma 70-300mm lens (the cheapo one, £90, love it!) for most, Sigma 10-20mm for the distorted wide static shots.

1/320 for head-on and 3/4 shots (generally), up to 1/800 for freezing-the-dirt-kicking-up sort of shots.

Between 1/50 and 1/125 for side-on panning shots.

182cup & 172 racecar
Nice set of photos loks like you all had a good day.Wish I could have come down to have some fun,but I was wizzing around Birmingham Wheels testing for a drive in a Legend,christ those things move.What did Baldylocks do to his car? And whats all this about the Police and pictures?

106 GTi
Great shots as ever Chris.

LOL @ the video - does he say "I dont think mum would like this!" ?

Fiat Coupe
Great pics there :)
Was a really good day, had an amazing time....can't wait for the next one ;)
Will be a video of one of my laps online sometime hopefully, done by Sean_J

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

These two stand out for me, PaulJ with a whiff of opposite lock, and Saner with the freedom of the best part of 1km of runway to himself to play on.

Nice set of photos loks like you all had a
good day.Wish I could have come down to have some fun,but I was wizzing around Birmingham Wheels testing for a drive in a Legend,christ those things move.What did Baldylocks do to his car? And whats all this about the Police and pictures?

There was a "Safety" camera/CCTV police van parked obviously almost right opposite the entrance for an hour or so, then it snuck off, and hid at one end of the approach road to the airfield...then he went and hid at the other end. Cameras with f*** off zoom lenses helped keep track of where he was.

I think they were waiting for the farmer to boot us off the land, but he was there with us first thing while we were setting up :rasp: .

I really wish I'd gone over there and invited them to join us.

Baldylocks did the same as everyone else...got caught out by the wet grass/moss dragged up...I did almost the exact same thing in the same place as him on one run, and only got out of it by millimteres.

M2 Competition
Aye, think i was the car before john, and very nearly hit the same stack on the way out of the hairpin on that run.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Great day and great photo's, so as usual, big thanks to Alex and Chris.

The Police van is a little worrying. Maybe filming our activitys due to residents complaints?? Tho we are hardly noisy and well behaved on the entry roads.

Really enjoyed tussling for places with Mark and chuffed we were within 1sec of the Evo running semi-slicks (possibly not wise application). He had a second advantage on the launch alone! Fantastic car.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Aye, think i was the car before john, and very nearly hit the same stack on the way out of the hairpin on that run.

I watched my video back last night...on my third run I actually went through that "gate" sideways :eek:

Great day and great photo's, so as usual, big thanks to Alex and Chris.

The Police van is a little worrying. Maybe filming our activitys due to residents complaints?? Tho we are hardly noisy and well behaved on the entry roads.

Really enjoyed tussling for places with Mark and chuffed we were within 1sec of the Evo running semi-slicks (possibly not wise application). He had a second advantage on the launch alone! Fantastic car.

Was great fun swapping 1/100ths back and forth Paul.

I had great fun, me and matteh, again within 1/10 of each other for most of the day! heres my favourite pic of mine:
132012989-M.jpg

Not quite as sideways as i did get in some of the runs! and nearly taking out the tyres with the rear bumper on the 2nd chicane!

^^^ That was on the warm up lap I think, everybody did that straight off the first corner (apaprt from the Evo!), I only caught yours, Paul Js and Rob669s though.