ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airfield Sprint Pics - March 9th 2008

Another great day at the airfield, despite the weather (some extremely harsh hail stones, several times) everything went pretty well. Big thanks to Steve (Impreza) for a hugely fast and impressive lap, I was a bit speechless after!

I 'took one for the team' and stayed out there for the most part, well worth it as the light was absolutely stunning, best I've ever had the chance to photograph in. They are a bit samey as I was too cold/wet to head down the far end, and panning shots looked awful with all the spray.

Erm, welcome to the Airfield...

263784974_ypoic-L.jpg

One moment it was like this...

263797098_xYC8v-L.jpg

and literally seconds later it would be like this...

263795329_GSqS4-L.jpg

Anyhow, a few more...

263786151_unqhS-L.jpg

263782667_47kMG-L.jpg

263792405_ZnRED-L.jpg

263794094_7EwxD-L.jpg

263799353_e7ana-L.jpg

263800307_WwEQK-L.jpg

263814987_R2CrV-L.jpg

263830772_jHvRP-L.jpg

263799334_VRkXt-L.jpg

263821610_NNWqG-L.jpg

263827338_eJHH3-L.jpg

263825889_D3Bbh-L.jpg

263809497_LmZAZ-L.jpg

263801990_CY6PT-L.jpg

263785796_hSt2c-L.jpg

Plenty more (113) here, as usual full-resolution images are available by hovering over the pic and clicking 'Save Photo'.

Last edited:
Looking back through the Ph1 seems to be the track-weapon of choice now.

Funny how things move on, was only 18 months ago that Williams and Valvers out-numbered most other stuff, this time we didn't have a single one. They seem to be increasing in value now and the Ph1 seems to have hit its absolute low. Be weird in a few years when the 197 is the 'cheap' car of choice!

106 GTi
Best shots to date.

Justine bought a cat D or something and trying to cover up it's identity ?

106 GTi
lol - hope it is soon can't wait to dig up some of his Phase 1 172 is the best car in the world ever posts and how much nicer it was than his Monaco! ;)

Some of the freezing action shots works really well in the rain Chris.

Best shots to date.

Cheers mate, got myself a Nikon 300mm f4 second-hand on the -very- cheap for Christmas and it's just awesome, bit worried actually as it's even sharper than my 80-200 2.8...which doesn't make sense as the 80-200 is supposed to be much better, maybe I got a dud!

Had to shoot 'frozen' as all the water was really messing with panning shots, isn't really my thing usually but it seemed to work well with the water spray.

SchwepTek™
Absolutely awesome pics as always Chris! Defo gonna have to give me some tips when i get my cam! ;)

I have a good selection of desktop wallpapers for the next few months now LOL!

106 GTi
Best shots to date.

Cheers mate, got myself a Nikon 300mm f4 second-hand on the -very- cheap for Christmas and it's just awesome, bit worried actually as it's even sharper than my 80-200 2.8...which doesn't make sense as the 80-200 is supposed to be much better, maybe I got a dud!

The thing I noticed with my 300mm is that you know what focal length you have to shoot at, no option to zoom so it gives you a touch more time just concentrate on taking the pic. I always found myself wanting to alter the zoom at the last second. My 70-200 hardly went back on the camera after getting the 300mm prime.

The thing I noticed with my 300mm is that you know what focal length you have to shoot at, no option to zoom so it gives you a touch more time just concentrate on taking the pic. I always found myself wanting to alter the zoom at the last second. My 70-200 hardly went back on the camera after getting the 300mm prime.

I was always a bit apprehensive of long primes (although your shots last season were fantastic) due to the not being able to zoom thing, but I agree, it's great having to work that little bit harder, saying that I did have to stand about 100ft back in the fields for a few of the angles!

I haven't used my 80-200 since, might even end up selling it as it's worth a fortune and pretty rare, will see how it goes.

1.8 8v RSi
awesome pics! seems if i did actualyl have the money to go then i woulda been the only mk1 there lol

1.8 8v RSi
annoying thing is my gf tells me about 3 hours ago that she would o flent me the money to come down...grrr

lol - hope it is soon can't wait to dig up some of his Phase 1 172 is the best car in the world ever posts and how much nicer it was than his Monaco! ;)

Some of the freezing action shots works really well in the rain Chris.

Would expect anything less from you Richard ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
cheers for the day clarkie, enjoyed the timing and loved the prezi type r

loved jay's phase 1 aswell, can't wait to sort mine, won harnesses last night, just need seats and coilovers now

awesome shots by the way chris, love the first rear end shot of the 5 you posted