ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing on a budget?

MK2 PH1 1.2
I think its about time my car got a good clean from inside to out... but im on quite a tight budget. Can anyone suggest any products or general tips on how to get the best out of it?

Black 182
It's still 3 for 2 on autogylm stuff at halfords, So SRP, EGP and one other thing depending what else you need.

That should save you a few quid.

C

clvs2222

budgwt detailing products-
bucket - 99p
water - free
car wash - £2-£4
wash mitt - £5.95
Meguiar's Quik Clay System - £11.95
SRP - £10
Collinite wax - £14.95
aload of microfibre cloths from ebay - about £5

it comes to around £50 but will last you the whole year

MK2 PH1 1.2
i take it SRP is polish and EGP is gloss protection? would it be jus a regular shampoo followed by that? and whats the difference between the EGP and wax? am rather clueless when it comes to this sorta thing sorry...

once you start its addictive...you WILL spend alot more than you planned!

i can imagine... spose i'll have to just build up bits as i go along as i dont have to money to go all out on cleaning products right now

Ph1 172 + Combo van
egp is a sealant not a wax. it is like the same texture as water.

you wipe it on the panel as thin as possible and it will haze then just buff off like a wax.

a sealant normally offers more protection but wont normally have as much shine as a wax.

so lewis idealy you would apply the sealant under the wax and so the sealant seals (although the wax does too) and the wax gives the shine.

C

clvs2222

on a budget he said guys, thats why i left egp out as its not important. as you said lewis, just get it over time. but when you use clay you must use something to protect as the clay strips the car of any products.

there all good suggestions, im kind of contradicting myself here lol but id probably concentrate on a good wash bundle right now.....the less swirls you inflict just now with a good washing technique the less money and time youll have to spend trying to correct them later!

I dont think detailing should be how much is spent on products, Its more how "detailed" the cleaning is.

It does help a lot to have all the producs though.

Ive just colleted stuff over the past few months.. Have most of the AG stuff, A rotary and some little accesories.

koi

Audi S1
I use the AG SRP/EGP combo purely because it does the job and can buy it straight of the shelf

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
EGP isnt pap! results from srp and egp!
DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

DSCF0465.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Still orange, still a cup, still not driven & Still on your sodding driveway!!

It's pap, EGP aswell! ;)

106 GTi
If you really pushed for cash.

Get:

Wash Mitt
Car Shampoo
Drying Towel
SRP
Ag Bumper Care Gel

Use household Glass cleaner for the windows and you will still have a good looking car

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Swisswax Wash and wasch Pudel £30
4 Zymol Grit guard buckets - £160
Makita - 150£
Pads £50
Menz polish - 30£
Swissvax clearer - 25£
Swissvax desiny - 150£

oh did we say on a budget! Damn! lol

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Still orange, still a cup, still not driven & Still on your sodding driveway!!

It's pap, EGP aswell! ;)

what that has got to do with cleaning on a budget ill never know! :rolleyes:

;)

Scots hey whoooed have em! :rasp:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
you lot get worse! does look bloody good in that pic! LOL :eek: (wrong picture of paint btw)

Shed.
I think its about time my car got a good clean from inside to out... but im on quite a tight budget. Can anyone suggest any products or general tips on how to get the best out of it?

Autoglym SRp and Autoglym EGP, or if you prefer a wax instead of a sealant then get Collinite 476S

Then go buy a washmitt, some decent car shampoo and a bucket or 2. Finally drying towel and polishing towels/buffing towels.

MK2 PH1 1.2
Think i'll get some Autoglym SRP and either EGP or a wax. Wash mit, shampoo, drying towel and a polishing towel...

any suggestions on a good/cheap shampoo? and where to get the towels/mit?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
halfords do a sheepskin wash mit for £7. if your going there to get the ag products you might aswell get that one. if you getting the ag stuff from online then mst of the online shops have quality wash mitts for about £7 too.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Think i'll get some Autoglym SRP and either EGP or a wax. Wash mit, shampoo, drying towel and a polishing towel...

any suggestions on a good/cheap shampoo? and where to get the towels/mit?
Get Autoglym Shampoo bodywork conditioner for free with your SRP and EGP at halfords!

54 astravan 1.7tdci
don't need top detailing gear to have a presentable car just build up things when you can afford it.most people dont know what a swirl mark is.although beading is pretty and satisfying

C

clvs2222

i4detailings own tyre dressing. extreamly cheap and lasts for an age