ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing list for an RB?

Have read up a few things on detailing, stages etc. Just want to make sure I've got the right idea with all the products though! It's a bit of a minefield out there and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing whilst using the right stuff.

If anyone can correct me or point me in the right direction regarding product selection it would be greatly appreciated :)

Method & products:
Rinse
Snowfoam - Meg's Hyperwash
2BM
Tar remover - Already have AG Instant Tar Remover so was just going to use this?
Iron-X
Clay
Prima Amigo
Zymol Carbon

As far as top up goes what would be the best thing to use? Or would I just use the Carbon?
And as far as AF Tough Coat would this benefit me in any way as a way of ''protecting'' the Carbon?

Any help appreciated, thanks, Jon

Golf GT & A4 Avant
rinse inbetween washing, de taring, ironx and claying, might be worth giving it another wash instead of rinsing after claying.
get tardis or oblitarate once you use up your AG tar remover.
get a nice drying towel like the i4d uber yellow towel or CG wooly mamoth
tough coat is a very good sealant on its own and not a top up or sealant based QD. either use it instead of carbon or as a base for carbon or not at all. look into getting a standard QD or a sealant based QD such as Z8, sonus spritz, DDJ carnuba glaze

other than that it all looks pretty spot on. I guess you've read through these?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?650695-RB-200-Detail-following-Chappers-instructions-D
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?638492-Renaultsport-RB-Clio-200-Maintenance-Detail

Definitely going to look into the Obliterate, I like the look of the Auto Finesse range :)
And I have heard only good things about the CG Woolly Mammoth, gota be better than MFs!

In your opinion would you suggest Carbon or Tough Coat?
And are you suggesting QDs such as Z8, sonus spritz, DDJ carnuba glaze as the top up to the Carbon?

Thanks for the help, Jon

And yes, I did have a little read through those ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Definitely going to look into the Obliterate, I like the look of the Auto Finesse range :)
And I have heard only good things about the CG Woolly Mammoth, gota be better than MFs!

In your opinion would you suggest Carbon or Tough Coat?

I would like to try tough coat on more cars as I like the look of the finish, but I would probably use carbon myself, or tough coat base with carbon over the top.

And are you suggesting QDs such as Z8, sonus spritz, DDJ carnuba glaze as the top up to the Carbon?

any QD or those mentioned above will work with your wax whereas tough coat isn't meant to be put over a wax. If you like the AF range, try there QD's. Glisten is quite oily and can be awkward to apply if you use too much but is good for adding a little protection to a finsh. whereas finale is more of a simple water based QD that is very easy to use. both can be used with wax or sealant

Thanks for the help, Jon

And yes, I did have a little read through those ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is actually a thread asking the exact same question 2 weeks ago. Searching would brings it up.