ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing help needed.

I'm in need of a portable pressure washer due to no outside tap, does anyone have one to recommend? I have seen the Mobi Portable pressure washer http://www.mobiwasher.co.uk/shop/
Is 15L a big enough tank to be able to clean the whole car without refilling? I'd like a Karcher but I can't see one that won't need a hose connection.

I also need to be able to snow foam with this, so will I be able to attach an I4D snow foam lance to it?

I need to get hold of some more microfibre cloths, where is the cheapest place to get some decent quality ones from?

I've been looking into a new Wax and I've come across Zymol Carbon. I'm after nice beading and a wet look, is this the right wax for me? I'm currently using Dodo Juice Orange Crush and I like using it as I get good results, so will I really benefit much more from the Zymol Carbon?

If anyone can answer all or just individual questions it would much appreciated, thanks :)

133/225/CLS AMG
Is there a specific need for a mobile washer? As in taking it to shows or something like that? Reason I ask is that I've heard great things about Optimum No Rinse which only requires a small amount of water and is by all accounts very safe on paint. Might be a good option over something like the washers you've linked to above.

http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195294

Hope that's a bit of help mate. :)

You can get attachments for normal pressure washers (Karcher/Nilfisk etc) That have a little pipe that you can put in a bucket of water, then the Pressure washer sucks water from there rather than a hose?
Probably a better bet.

In answer to the other points;

MFs - Eurow ones for the paint work, Costco cheap ones for arches and interior cleaning.

Wax - what do you want from the wax and what is your budget? Longevity, looks, ease of application etc?

Hi JD, thanks for your reply.

I've seen that thread before and it was inconclusive and didn't recommend a pressure washer that I can use with a snow foam lance.

As I said in my OP, I'm after nice beading and a wet look at the end. I'd like to spend £50 but will stretch to £100.

Hi JD, thanks for your reply.

I've seen that thread before and it was inconclusive and didn't recommend a pressure washer that I can use with a snow foam lance.

As I said in my OP, I'm after nice beading and a wet look at the end. I'd like to spend £50 but will stretch to £100.

In that case, a pressure washer like a Karcher or Nilfisk, coupled with a bucket of water is your answer. Failing that, pressure wash down at a local garage and then ONR.

Glasur fits the bill for £100, Carbon for £50, Natty's Blue for £12.

What colour is your car?

Looks like I'll be getting a Karcher then!

It's red as per my Avatar, is the Zymol only good for certain colours then? The reviews I've read on that one appeal to me most I think.

Thanks for your help.