ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

107 Track Car & C4
I'm after a bit of advice CS,

I clean my Titanium 182 weekly/fornightly and it always looks 'clean and tidy', but when I see some of the other cars on here it makes mine look pretty poor lol. I would like some advice on what products I could use to improve the look of paintwork on my car. My current process is:

1. Hose down to remove any loose dirt
2. Wash using a wash mitt (Dodo Juice & Meguairs Gold Class) and 2 buckets
3. Hose down again, then dry with Microfibre towels
4. Dress plastics and tyres

Every few washes, I will clay & polish using an Autoglym kit I bought then wax. I had been using Dodo Light Fantastic, but recently started using Supernatural which seems nicer.

I don't want to get to spend hundreds on equipment and products as my hobby takes up alot of money (RC Car Racing), but don't mind spending a bit to get the finish I want.

Liam

107 Track Car & C4
It probably works out I clay about once every 3 months, but ok I will do it a little less. Would that worsen the paint quality?

Trophy #491
Hi all, I have just bought myself a Trophy. It needs a lot of love. The bodywork I am taking care of. However the recaros need a good clean. I'm really scared about damaging them using the wrong products, can anyone recommend any?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all, Just out of interest with regards to AF Rejuvinate, when applying via Rotary, what would be the best pad compound to go for ?​

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Jacky boi! I'll probably need to buy a bottle at some point but have so many polishes lying around.

Fiesta ST200
Hi all, Just out of interest with regards to AF Rejuvinate, when applying via Rotary, what would be the best pad compound to go for ?​

Anything very soft mate. Just work it around at low speed, I used a 3M Blue Waffle head with 3M foam backing plate on my Flex and it worked a treat.

Hope this helps.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've got another pot of Capture the Rapture guys I love the stuff so I have this pot for sale...

a4une9yv.jpg

2ena9yme.jpg

Comes with pot,bag and box and about 20% of wax left.

Probably more but i'm being reserved with the estimate. It'll probably do another 10 cars Clio size tbh.

Looking for £25 recorded delivery guys. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Anyone used or know much about menzerna Powerlock?

​applied to a couple of panels tonight and is quite an interesting product. Felt a little greasy on the pad and less than a pea drop spread round a door. Left a nice little glow to silver too.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Now we all know you won't go far wrong with Z2, but I've just put a 2nd coat of powerlock and Z2 on the golf, and based on finish and application I'm very impressed with PL. If durability and water behaviour are comparable I don't think I'll be replacing Z2

Not a 320d
Ive always been tempted by power lock.

Unfortunately for me its anno sealants or a wax. Dont bother with synthetic sealants now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not used 109 for years and can't really remember what it was like now.

I'd forgotten just how large beading was from sealants compared to a nice wax. So far tough coat is showing better beading than Z2 and powerlock

BMW E46 330i Touring
Is there any benefit at all to using both Tripple and Blackhole? I'd imagine they'll both render the previous step pointless?

PH2 Flamer
I'm in the market for a new polish and wax for my flamer.

At the moment I use AF tripple and then either auto glym hd wax or poor boys nattys paste.

Is there a better combination I can use? If not I will just get some more tripple and carry on with HD wax.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I've just cleaned mine for the first time after applying tough coat last weekend. The water behaviour is incredible, big fan!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Which hexlogic pad would be best to apply black hole? Black or blue?

what condition, and how hard is the paint your planning on using it on? Personally I'd reach for black everytime, it seemed a very versatile pad.

I started using blue and red pads for glazing but stayed with black after.

Twingo Dynamique
Ixtar G3 Fabriclean - for once not a question of how to use... But whether anyone has used it before? Can I use it on the Alcantara? If not, what cheap (possibly common home products) can I use to give them a freshen up?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
what condition, and how hard is the paint your planning on using it on? Personally I'd reach for black everytime, it seemed a very versatile pad.

I started using blue and red pads for glazing but stayed with black after.

Im just thinking it may be more beneficial for me to fill the swirls rather than get rid of them on the cars that I'm doing. Mostly oldish cars which need a bit of a lift.

perhaps the once over with a white or green pad and a light polish then fill with black hole on a black pad to finish?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
working the glaze with a slightly firmer pad will give additional cleansing. something like britemax blackmax or a mild abrasive pre wax cleanser for a single hit. look at some of gallys details with lime prime via rotary. single stage and ready for waxing

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Might try it on the next one then.

spent ages on that Leon on the weekend and it still wasn't up to a standard I was hoping. :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've got another pot of Capture the Rapture guys I love the stuff so I have this pot for sale...

a4une9yv.jpg

2ena9yme.jpg

Comes with pot,bag and box and about 20% of wax left.

Probably more but i'm being reserved with the estimate. It'll probably do another 10 cars Clio size tbh.

Looking for £25 recorded delivery guys. :)

Bump.