ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Not a 320d
They dont last either. Ive broken about 3.

Then my nob head mate broke mine in return for braking his old one. (I hope youre reading this you t**t).

EZ mini is better unless you, like me, have 19" rims. Mini was perfect for my 16" clio alloys.

Also JML do one thats yellow, Homebase sell them. Cant remember the price but they are part of their mantis range (Which is s**t). But the brush is good, only down side is the to pof the handle sometimes gets in the way when youre giving the inner rim a good poking......

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one lol cheers fella, ah at least the mini one is a bit cheaper too. Ill have a look for that jml one, how much is it?

1.8 Civic EX
Whats the Citurs pre wash job I've seen mentioned on here many a time? I can't recall what it is or who makes it etc.

That time of year again where my car becomes a rolling glue pot due to all the tree sap round my area and I want something I can spray on to work it down when I take it to the local jet wash.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Auto Finesse do Citrus power, it's a spray on job. Valet Pro also do a wash.

Someone did discover Citrus Power in a different bottle for a fraction of the price AF sell it for. I believe the data proved it was the same or very similar.

1.8 Civic EX
AF Citrus Power, thats the one. Strong enough to get rid of sap without effecting the sealent etc you think? Just want to be able to drive to the local jet wash, spray on some CP, leave it for a bit then spray it off.

Auto Finesse do Citrus power, it's a spray on job. Valet Pro also do a wash.

Someone did discover Citrus Power in a different bottle for a fraction of the price AF sell it for. I believe the data proved it was the same or very similar.

Text me?

AF Citrus Power, thats the one. Strong enough to get rid of sap without effecting the sealent etc you think? Just want to be able to drive to the local jet wash, spray on some CP, leave it for a bit then spray it off.

Yes, Toby did this recently. You can also use Car Plan/Demon Shine Rapid Dirt Shifter.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Does the rapid dirt shifter work as well as CP? What about prices? You see I'm a tight c**t so would rather opt for the RDS but if it's worth getting CP instead I'll get that.

RDS was £2.25 in ASDA (1/4 the price of CP), so got a load cheap in Halfords as well in their price match. Wax safe, not quite as effective as CP however from testing by... yellow someone, Belly or Dave.

And yes, I know you're a cunitdot. ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
General pre wash, car plan rds works fine, especially for the price it was selling in Asda. I typically use citrus power diluted 1:1 with plain water and still works great. Comparing them, citrus power has the edge with bug splatter and baked on grime, general tree sap/ aphids dropping, provided your car is waxed or sealed and still holding up, both will work fine with a pre wash and pressure rinse.

Is rds still on sale or gone back to full price? I've only seen it in halfords recently.

BMW E46 330i Touring
They'll do the job but I've found there's little point keeping them. Even when washed and dried, they seem to flatten quite a bit.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Oh definitely, nothing wrong at all but I'd say use them as disposable ones / a couple if uses. The Megs ones last and last if cared for.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I tend to just replace after a couple of uses, the same with cloths too. Just bought ten micro fibres for less than £6 delivered :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Costco do big packs of micro fibre cloths. . Look decent but not opened them yet. Still looking for someone local to show me the ropes re detailing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They're actually decent mate. Eurow make them, very well respected brand in detailing.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Sweet free clothes if anyone wants to teach me to detail.. Ive got a machine polisher but only a silverline and a Makita..

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
As said when you came for the phone, i dont mind showing you the basics, wash technique decontamination etc. Im no pro when it comes to polishing so would rather not go that far as i dont want to teach you wrong!

Either that or Autobrite Direct run a back to basics session once a month, its something between £50 and £100 and they will run through everything right through to machine polishing with you.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Got some bits of Gally when I bought the T, he's sending some more but dont know what's what. . Yours looked really good mate.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
They are on ebay mate. Just type in yellow polishing sponges. They are from Chiba or Japan. Used them before, spot on :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Quick question. . Is one snow foam the same as the next? Thought I'd give car washing a go and as I've got a few plus vans it makes sense to buy a big bottle.
I've seen 50l for £65 Ish thoughts?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
We deal with autosmart mate if their stuff Is recommended I can get you a price tomo? Whatever it costs me costs you.

Last edited: