ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Fiesta ST200
Back in a 200! What's brought you full circle out of interest?

Looks lovely, needs a spoiler of some kind though!

Can't stay away mate, such a complete car!

I kinda like the naked look at the back so I might leave it as is. :)

Just take the wheels gloss black and put H&R springs on it.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
4ydety4a.jpg

Tested out a section on my bonnet using Tripple yesterday. You could see the difference in beading this morning. Will get the rest applied tonight when I get time after work.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Came home from Newcastle to find a pot of this sitting...

P1030662.jpg

RAP2v__99704.1362182065.780.780.jpg

It's Jay's signature show wax, I'll let you guys know how it is.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Dodo don't even make their own waxes per se'.

Anyone who has visited him said they were made by himself and poured packaged by him and his wife. I had to wait a few weeks on this one as it's not like he makes a batch everyday.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
:(

On Saturday I had a case of severe butter fingers, I dropped multiple cloths and applicators :(

Warm, soapy water for the C5'd wheels, Jaff.

Spray it off with a high pressure sprayer. It contains grit (birds eat grit to aid digestion), so get rid of it as best you can with a touchless option before going anywhere near it with a mitt.

I know pressure washers are not always to hand, so failing that spray on water or a QD and let it dissolve first. Then use the sprayer or flowing water to get rid of it. I usually use a decent sprayer to break it down, then put a jug of water over it if I'm not close to a pressure washer.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok cool that's what I've been doing. Thankfully there's a pressure washer to hand at work and at home so I shouldn't ever be too far away from a PW :)

as for the wheels should I be using a shampoo and a wheel brush/mitt on them or something? The only way I could get crap off earlier was with a wheel mitt and that was awkward.

​all the videos on YouTube lied to me lol, all they do is blast them with a PW and their clean! Thought I could be ultimate lazy!

Surprised the PW didn't remove most of the grime. C5'd wheels should be piss easy to clean and bead when sprayed. Do yours bead when they're clean? A wheel brush should only be necessary for intricate areas around and behind spokes.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah when they're clean. The PW didn't seem to be making a mark on them. The mitt with some auto glum shampooed water got the dirt off in the end but it was awkward getting it behind the spokes so I was hoping to use a brush?

the whole of the wheels are c5'ed so the inside should be just as easy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
using a brush will be fine with any kind of shampoo or wax safe PH nuetral pre wash. let this soak a little then pressure rinse to see if that helps. I've only got a budget washer so pressure isn't great so a pre soak is sometimes needed especially behind spokes or tight corners.

The videos are usually taken with industrial powerful washers that need little assistance.

Twingo Dynamique
4ydety4a.jpg

Tested out a section on my bonnet using Tripple yesterday. You could see the difference in beading this morning. Will get the rest applied tonight when I get time after work.
would love this on my car... but when i applied it, well, nothing happened really, how did you apply it..?? Cheers,

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it worth getting some of that citrus power to let it soak then? Ill get a proper wheel brush too.

all I did earlier was let the snow foam (autobright magifoam) settle on it a bit, rinse with PW then some more foam and a clean with a mitt and autoglym shampoo.

Thanks for the help btw :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Citrus power is pretty good IMO, but there are plenty of other PH neutral pre washes that can also be used if you're not looking to use it that often.

Ref wheel brushes, EZ detail wheel brush or wheel woolies are by far the best. more expensive than the others but last longer and work better.

Stupid question of the month.

Just purchased some new suspension springs, obviously they live under the car and get filthy and rusty... But before I fit them is there any point in me running a coat or two of wax over them to help protect from grime?

I realise they are coated already lol!!!

Well that was all the productivity I was going to muster this evening. I am now resigned to a night on the laptop with terrible TV on.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps something ceramic/semi permanent. I don't know how it will react to the contraction etc of the springs though.

10mins and a few ml of wax won't do any harm though

Hmmm. I have loads of Natty's paste wax that I need to use up really (it's my "friends and family wax" lol) but it's not the most durable, might chuck a few coats on... nothing to lose.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I coated all my springs and struts in GT C2 before fitting, all they get is a pressure rinse. No idea if it's still performing but worth a try if you have time to kill.

Completely agree with the comment on tough coat above

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Citrus power is pretty good IMO, but there are plenty of other PH neutral pre washes that can also be used if you're not looking to use it that often.

Ref wheel brushes, EZ detail wheel brush or wheel woolies are by far the best. more expensive than the others but last longer and work better.

Is citrus power ph neutral? (Realising this is a potentially silly question)

ill get some wheel woollies or something just need to decide on what product to use now lol

sorry if this is a stupid question but once you have used bumper care on the black plastics can you then use a wax on them to help them keep colour? i dont want to try it and then turn them all white was just hoping someone else has tried it

thanks
chris

I coated all my springs and struts in GT C2 before fitting, all they get is a pressure rinse. No idea if it's still performing but worth a try if you have time to kill.

Completely agree with the comment on tough coat above

Thanks Dave. I haven't purchased any sealant for about 2 years! AG EGP :eek: I'm a wax wh*re.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
believe it's high alkaline, but it's wax / sealant safe. typically go for Ph neutral but there are exceptions. lol. citrus power has a similar ph to some oven cleaners but there is a lot more stuff behind the scenes in the make up that counts

you wont be disappointed if you do purchase CP. I'm just trying valet pros advanced neutral snow foam as it also has multiple uses, but early trials it's not quite got the same bite through the grime