ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Agreed. The only Sio2 ones I get on with now are the foam lance onces but I blast off almost immediately.

Then the ones applied dry.

Other ones always cause me a ballache as ive got a south facing drive so constant sun

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
EBay had 20% off coupon last week so ordered a Dewalt da polisher and 5 litres of Tardis.

5EFEE44F-723C-4076-8B26-A4A6C6A7CE2C.jpeg

Any recommendations for polishing pads and compounds? My paintwork isn’t too bad so only need light cut.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
EBay had 20% off coupon last week so ordered a Dewalt da polisher and 5 litres of Tardis.

View attachment 1595349

Any recommendations for polishing pads and compounds? My paintwork isn’t too bad so only need light cut.
I always go to Hex Logic pads mate. Lots of feedback on them and they look popular.

Give us an idea of what car you have as a 'light polish' can heavily depend on paint hardness mate

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sonax Perfect Finish on a yellow Rupes pad is a brilliant all round combo for 1 stage duties.

You'll want to use it on slow speed on that considering the slowest it'll go is 2000rpm. Ideally want 1200-1500 max on a rotary for Sonax PF.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
It’s liquid yellow Megane R26 but it’s was resprayed three years ago.
Think you'll have to play it by ear then mate. Generally speaking, most manufacturers have a kind of general hardness about their paint. E.g - BMW (seriously hard in most cases).

However, with a respray, its a bit unknown. I would start with @JamesBryan 's recommendation with something pretty soft to begin with. Give it a go and if you're not seeing much then you may need to step up the pad or polish/compound.

Im finding the same with the Mexico. It was 'flat and polished' by the people who sprayed it (which I highly doubt was actually done because the paint was so new and soft) but when I go in to give it a proper polish once we have rebuilt it, it will be pretty unknown as its a 3rd party that sprayed it.

Clio 2.0 138hp

View attachment 1595349

That machine is a beast ! Ive had mine since it was first released and i love it. It can get a bit heavy with a 5ah battery but the power it has is amazing. Being cordless means its really useful for doing roofs as well. I approve of your purchase :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Last few times its been fine. I've just had 2.5l delivered. Maybe its a different batch, or maybe it was too sunny. Either or, means I need to buy a DA now

I use the infinity wax detailer as a sio2 drying aid and never had a problem I just bought 5L of Sonax BSD to replace it once it runs out too or I might just mix them together. If I have time I'll then top with C2V3 or Zaino Z8 in summer. I used that turtle Wax spray on rinse off stuff though and has a similar problem removing residue it was a nightmare had to get the Surfex HD on it to get it all off.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1595349

I used the Car Pro essence with orange lake country pads recently and I was seriously impressed at the results plus it's so f**king easy. And it's nice to know if your short for time you can just wipe it away with a MF no oily residue and it'll leave some protection so you can seal the car another day. I got some other bits too but honestly can just see them sat not being used for anything over than more serious scratches.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
That machine is a beast ! Ive had mine since it was first released and i love it. It can get a bit heavy with a 5ah battery but the power it has is amazing. Being cordless means its really useful for doing roofs as well. I approve of your purchase :)

My 4ah batteries will help lol. It’s a tad heavier than my Kestrel DAS6 but from spinning it up to test quickly it feels like there’s less vibration. That should make it nicer to use to hopefully and I have two batteries so don’t need to worry about running out of charge.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Got a couple of the vp stuff iirc last time and it was crap. The normal stuff is decent, like glass cleaner, polish and shampoo

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Report back on Fusso Glass sealant and polish. It's really good, easy to use and still going strong. The bottle will probably last me forever. I haven't had to top it up and it seems as good as the first day, near enough.

If anyone wants a seal then pop round!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

This one?

Just used this combo and its great. Swirls have gone but you would need something more aggressive for scratches. I used S20 & green hexlogic.
Machine seems powerful enough.
20220605_115550.jpg
20220602_094051.jpg

Attachments

• 20220602_094051.jpg
    20220602_094051.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19