ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio with a body kit
The sunshine got me back in the mood last weekend. What microfibres are people using for paint? I got on well with the carpro boa but noticed gyeon do a boa now as well although they don't seem to be in stock anywhere.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shop n shine have Britemax Vantage for £30 again if anyone was interested. Very impressive wax and in a different pot we'd be calling it a boutique wax.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
That's cruel, I looked at vantage last weekend when I placed a little order with them. Got the AIO Max so would have been nice to add that to the list

BG Clio 182
Shop n shine have Britemax Vantage for £30 again if anyone was interested. Very impressive wax and in a different pot we'd be calling it a boutique wax.
How good is this wax mate? What's the durability like? How's best to apply it, is it picky? Does it have to be after a good polish? I've recently in the last 2 months done an uber decontaminate and cleansed the paint with the DA and lime prime so after a wash should I just whack it straight on?

Cayman S Edition 1
Just had a quick go with my new Gyeon Q2M IRON and have to say I'm seriously impressed. Would high recommend to anyone who's after a good wheel cleaner.

Before
IMG_3739.jpg

During (left on for a few min)
IMG_3740.jpg

After (quick brush over with warm water / britemax shampoo)
IMG_3742.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It isn't really a wheel cleaner though, It's a fallout remover.

Im interested to see how it compares to IronX which is still the best performer IMO

Cayman S Edition 1

Im interested to see how it compares to IronX which is still the best performer IMO
All i can say is I've struggled to get rid of brake dust off my alloys for ages and this stuff cleaned the lot in under 5 minutes.

Never used IronX, but this stuff had good reviews, so thought I'd give it a whirl.

So ive started to machine my bonnet (got to start somewhere ;) ) hoping to do the rest of the car tonight if its quiet.

Using the autofinesse machine kit ive got heavy to light. Im about 90% corrected with the odd large swirl here and there and just light swirling on the rest. Am I OK to go back to heavy or just carry on working the light? Can't get my camera to focus enough for the swirls for a picture.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I've just finished a bottle of Gyeon that I was sent to trial after finishing my last IX, I go through a lot of it and although good I can't find anything that is close to IX. It's funny, a lot of detailing products can be very similar as you know but all the iron removers are different, they all have different characteristics. IX is still miles ahead for me, Bilt Hamber is the only one i've seen work nearly as well on wheels.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So ive started to machine my bonnet (got to start somewhere :wink: ) hoping to do the rest of the car tonight if its quiet.

Using the autofinesse machine kit ive got heavy to light. Im about 90% corrected with the odd large swirl here and there and just light swirling on the rest. Am I OK to go back to heavy or just carry on working the light? Can't get my camera to focus enough for the swirls for a picture.
Heavy is to do the correcting and the light is too refine the finish after correcting, the light stage isn't for fixing swirls so to speak. Be careful though, can't be too sure on how much correction you can carry out, lacquer will fail eventually.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I've just finished a bottle of Gyeon that I was sent to trial after finishing my last IX, I go through a lot of it and although good I can't find anything that is close to IX. It's funny, a lot of detailing products can be very similar as you know but all the iron removers are different, they all have different characteristics. IX is still miles ahead for me, Bilt Hamber is the only one i've seen work nearly as well on wheels.
I liked the BH stuff because of the thicker more gel like constancy but agree that IronX is still the market leader in terms of performance

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I went to see a friend today while he was cleaning his new x reg Baxter. Awesome colour.

He was struggling to get decent correction with his poorboys polishes and lake country pads... So he switched to G3 scratch remover (I swear by this). Still couldn't get decent correction.

So I had a go and it still wasn't playing ball... After messing around for a while and finishing with G3 paint renovator we got a decent correction in the end, but it was a struggle.

After poor boys
562CDC7D-7152-42A6-A695-B9098D0A1178_zpsfdfoned4.jpg

After G3

0A2F3A36-4531-480A-881D-6B1B73DCE4AF_zpscrwbdmqh.jpg

And the car

AB8F704B-797C-4B67-AA7D-A71EC539B064_zpspol3pk4p.jpg

It'll look amazing when he's done, I love that colour

I just had a quick Google and we were trying to cut with a polishing pad 😧

Fail.

BG Clio 182
What's the best pad for applying AF triple and if it requires a different pad, AF Rejuvenate? For use on a DAS 6 PRO?

BG Clio 182
Also, on the plastics of my car there's some white residue that even neat IPA won't remove, How should I get this off? I've tried it neat on a MF cloth to no avail whatsoever

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What's the best pad for applying AF triple and if it requires a different pad, AF Rejuvenate? For use on a DAS 6 PRO?

Id think a finishing pad would do with it being an all in one.

And regarding the White bit on the plastics, just wipe with ipa and dress.

Do that every time the dressing needs redoing and it should sort itself out. That's what I've done and it seems to have worked.

BG Clio 182
Id think a finishing pad would do with it being an all in one.

And regarding the White bit on the plastics, just wipe with ipa and dress.

Do that every time the dressing needs redoing and it should sort itself out. That's what I've done and it seems to have worked.
Cheers mate, What brand etc would you recommend? I had a Chemical Guys Black Hex logic pad and it disintegrated after about 2 hours lol.

It's just all white, and the ipa does f**k all but as it's textured it seems to have sat in the riven parts? I may use some kind of brush to get it out I think might work?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers mate, What brand etc would you recommend? I had a Chemical Guys Black Hex logic pad and it disintegrated after about 2 hours lol.

It's just all white, and the ipa does f**k all but as it's textured it seems to have sat in the riven parts? I may use some kind of brush to get it out I think might work?

No idea, I've found the auto finesse ones to last a while so I've had no reason to try other ones sorry.

Do you have a picture of it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used any of the obsessive detail product range?
It's new on the market and people were wetting themselves over it very quickly. I'm massively sceptical.

If a anyone doesn't have Bouncer's Done and dusted QD get it now. Blew my Z6 away, by far the slickest QD I've ever used. Great new product.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Did you eat it? I've had one of mines for a year and a bit. Where did you buy it from?

Z4 Coupe
It's new on the market and people were wetting themselves over it very quickly. I'm massively sceptical..

They seem to have some cracking deals for the thise new to detailing, like myself. Maybe I should just stick with an order from AF?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sceptical of everything these days in detailing mate. A lot of snake oil around and a lot of s**t spoken.

In regards to removing the pad you need to peel it off a little easier etc.

BG Clio 182
I'm sceptical of everything these days in detailing mate. A lot of snake oil around and a lot of s**t spoken.

In regards to removing the pad you need to peel it off a little easier etc.
Oh I just do it so gently lol! f**k knows why it doesn't work I'm very gentle and respectful to it

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Anyone tried Carbon collective platinum paint sealant? Used it twice now and very disappointed with it both times, will not be using it again.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You can buy Dlux which is just as good using the discount code in the stickes.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Tried Iron Out a couple of weeks ago on a friends car , was really disappointed compared to Ironx

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I won a bottle of IO but seemed a bit week. Again Korrosol by BH was the only thing that came close and was a tad thicker. IX is still market leader by far.