ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Quick question;
I've bought some IPA for the first time, do you use this neat or does it need to be watered down at all?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
How pure is it? Normally they give a percentage etc, typically in the 90's.

Mine is 99% so use 1 part IPA to 3 parts deionised water

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Unless something special comes along in 2015 (Yes I will be buying Bouncer's 2014 edition first though) I have decided not to buy any more wax.
I've just totted up what I've got (in various sizes)
Swissvax - Onyx
- Zuffenhausen
- Scuderia
- Crystal Rock
- Shield
- Samurai
- Mirage
Zymol - Glasur
Bouncer's - #22
- Satsuma Rock
- Vanilla Ice
- Capture The Rapture
- Spellbound
- Eregansu
Victoria wax - Concours (red)
ODK - Stirling
Autofinesse - Illusion
- Desire
Obsession - Aura
- Euphoric
Collenite - 915 Concours d'Elegance
Werkstat - Carnauba Jett
Valetpro - Beading Marvellous
Gally - Luxury blend
Waxybox - #19 sample
50cal - Pentawax (Xmas edition)

f**k.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
How do you rate Glasur @aucky?
It's lovely.
It feels very special. Quite nice and buttery in its texture and removes fairly easily. It's a bit old school though so its best with a re-buff or QD wipedown an hour later to ensure any gassing (further curing) is removed.
I'd place it in my top 5, without a doubt!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's lovely.
It feels very special. Quite nice and buttery in its texture and removes fairly easily. It's a bit old school though so its best with a re-buff or QD wipedown an hour later to ensure any gassing (further curing) is removed.

Love that description!

Jett will be worth £££ in a few years!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
My Brother in law wants some bits to clean his Motorbike with, Same products and processes as apply to car cleaning?

Probably buy some AF bits to see if I can get a decent freebie.

He has a few old school bits of cleaning gear so won't be starting from scratch.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
fairings and decals just needed a cleanser to bring them up like Tripple. I then topped it with Reload as I could use it on all surfaces. general washing I use a pre spray like citrus power and a detailing brush to get into all the little details.

Mini JCW
It's lovely.

That's me sold. I need a jar.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
@aucky
What are your thoughts on the obsession waxes? Considering a pot of hybrid 86 but like yourself thinking I should just start using what I already have

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
@aucky
What are your thoughts on the obsession waxes? Considering a pot of hybrid 86 but like yourself thinking I should just start using what I already have
I've only done a couple of test patches on the roof but from what I remember, one of them was a little grabby to apply, and one was really nice. The nice one also had better beading but I can't remember which was which.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
has anyone tried the euphoric,as i just got a pot and wondered if its as good as people say cheers

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Probably the most excited i've been about a detailing product in a long time. I loved SP SD V2. I got through a few bottles then moved to Z6, with me detailing less I hadn't used my Z6 up much.

Then Alex told me about this coming out. It's only a QD but I always love a good wipe down product. Love this one... not sure on complete release date. Should be this month. Be interesting to see how it fairs against Jay's (Bouncers) not got my bottle through yet but it's getting great reviews from people I trust.

91e3dca38d404aee750f74b36c9e36d7.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
It's definitely a KEW/ALTO mate.. 100%

The Halfords washers are made by the same factory as Nilfisk, hence the same connectors.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry Dan. I was looking for confirmation from one of the others.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thank you @gally @Lawro

I've just moved out of my unit and am sorting through the billion quids worth of stuff I've accumulated. I'll sort myself a lance out this week.

Much appreciated.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't go crazy on snowfoam. There are some differences but just make sure it's wax safe and half decent.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't go crazy on snowfoam. There are some differences but just make sure it's wax safe and half decent.
I want it purely for the novelty value mate. Nothing else!
None of my cars will be waxed etc as of now so I'm not too worried about details like that.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
What is a reasonably priced product that I can put on external window rubbers and rubber trim. It's looking 'blotchy' on the fez

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Super beading = bestest most durable most dirt resistant product right? Sonax BSD all over again

The only thing with the Soft 99 fusso coat is it's pretty cheap, but a years durability I doubt very much

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Super beading = bestest most durable most dirt resistant product right? Sonax BSD all over again

The only thing with the Soft 99 fusso coat is it's pretty cheap, but a years durability I doubt very much
Especially with the prep most users apply. Even if it is 'caly barred'
BARRED
BARRED?

WRONG f**king WORD