ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
20200930_103709.jpg

20200930_103625.jpg
20200930_103619.jpg

I do have the handle and carry bag. Some marks on the machine, but works perfectly. Price wise im not sure. Online new, says £114?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Good stuff mate.
Just been to the car and its as little sticky on the passenger side and, the car doesn’t appear sticky on the drivers side but the car has like kind of dust particles all over the car. You can see the dust debris stuck to the car. I’ll take some pics of what it looks like.

I’m really puzzled, I did pressure washed it, APC’d it, snow foamed it, then hand washed it with normal shampoo then I used wet coat.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
6817A850-E57A-4DAD-A385-13131B16C4C2.jpeg

Attachments

• 0CAC04E5-3531-4B77-B181-6FD89EF91795.jpeg
    0CAC04E5-3531-4B77-B181-6FD89EF91795.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 3EF2C27B-79CB-4835-A0BD-950B0BE357C9.jpeg
    3EF2C27B-79CB-4835-A0BD-950B0BE357C9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It’s silver birch there’s 2 of them, he parks up next to them on the bit of tarmac half on the curb. Mine is in the driveway with no issues just a couple metres further away. There’s other cars parked up further up the road and I’m not aware of those cars like.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It’s silver birch there’s 2 of them, he parks up next to them on the bit of tarmac half on the curb. Mine is in the driveway with no issues just a couple metres further away. There’s other cars parked up further up the road and I’m not aware of those cars like.

Ahh yeah, they're pretty bad for it really. Normally all year round as well.

Doesn't tend to travel that far, so it's likely yours won't really be affected.

On the off chance that it's Wet Coat causing the problem, just try washing it again soon and don't apply anything just dry the car.

I can't see it being that though, I've never seen that kind of thing caused by Wet Coat.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah i'll do that next time, snow foam and just use normal shampoo and dry off. Just this minute seen Forensics Channel on tree sap and he just used water to get rid of it. Some comments say it depends on what tree it is too, some give off more tree sap than others. I'll give the car a hose down, amazing how quick as i only washed it yesterday morning.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that speckle is sap. Spotting from products is more beading size.

Clay required, no point wasting more time.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
After some new shampoo. Used this years ago and liked it. Seems a good price in comparison to others selling it??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002OHQI5S/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Classic, can't go wrong with it tbh. Not the greatest cleaning power on dirtier cars mind, but for yours it's good.

What are you using currently? I'm about to try Carpro Reset after using Gyeon Bathe Essence, which I don't rate that highly if I'm honest, bit disappointed with it, even using higher than the recommended dilution which defeats the object of it being more concentrated 😂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seems decent value considering others have it at 250ml.

At the mo autoglym pure which is okay. I tried the anachem shampoo which seemed good.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I went back to Megs Gold Class. For the price, you really can't beat it. Foams up nicely when you blast the bucket with the pressure washer, feels mega smooth when using it, smells nice and it lasts forever!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I went back to Megs Gold Class. For the price, you really can't beat it. Foams up nicely when you blast the bucket with the pressure washer, feels mega smooth when using it, smells nice and it lasts forever!

The dilution for that stuff is an 1oz per US gallon. So you'd be looking at 3-4oz for a decent bucket, which is 90-120ml 😳

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
The dilution for that stuff is an 1oz per US gallon. So you'd be looking at 3-4oz for a decent bucket, which is 90-120ml 😳

I put 3 cap fulls, which are tiny, in a standard 14L bucket and it's easy enough. God knows why they say to use so much, definitely not needed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I bought Dookas SI wash as it got great feedback on coated cars. Really cannot get gyeon to work for me anymore, bathe plus and bathe left some marks behind. Will give dooka a go, after that i'm going old school again! Love seeing born to be mild, everyone's first detailign shampoo, slick.

Megs gold aswell another slick one! I think bouncers is another really good basic shampoo for all manner of cars and super slick.

Some great shampoos out there, loved the adams one Ron spoke about, not the cheapest fromt memory? Nice if you can get it in a gallon with a pump....

Reactions: JD
A while since I’ve been in here.

My next addition is pretty good but needs the old JD spruce up.

I’d like a very small amount of cut via a DA. Possibly some fill. I’ve still got AF tripple and it worked a dream on the s**t box Westfield. Any thoughts?

Turd polishing...

dd8f634bbc0c1be427efdc84cf046c8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Oh and I bought a resin cylinder for 0ppm water which I’m rather a fan of.

I'm glad someone else is. I love mine. Make things so much easier!

Awaits the "bUt i CaN dRy MiNe WiTh wAtEr"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it's not overkill in a hard water area! I get spotting at times and I'm in the softest of water areas!

Polishing wise. Sonax perfect finish. Adjust the pad to suit, it's a truly fantastic product. If you want something lighter, then tripple is probably still the go to!

Reactions: JD
I suppose it's not overkill in a hard water area! I get spotting at times and I'm in the softest of water areas!

Polishing wise. Sonax perfect finish. Adjust the pad to suit, it's a truly fantastic product. If you want something lighter, then tripple is probably still the go to!

553baf304f7859cb73197b4ba1cc61eb.jpg

Well worth it, not just for the car but windows and skylights too.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Ill take your water hardness and raise you our water hardness. Before and after the filter obviously 💁‍♂️

Screenshot_20201010_100255.jpg
Screenshot_20201010_100243.jpg