ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_2735.JPG
Where the bloody hell are the pics?

Here you go mate

Black 182 FF
@Perry
Meguiars ultimate quik wax
Sonax extreme brilliant shine detailer
Zaino z18
Chemical guys hybrid v7
Powermaxed winter coat

Then there are the likes of carpro reload or gtechniq C2 but these can sometimes require a bit more attention when applying.

Guessing you've got a pressure washer? If so take a look at gyeon wetcoat or carpro Hydr02 or Hydr02 lite. Wash and rinse the car as normal, spray these products over a wet car and pressure rinse off immediately and fully. Instant protection.

Finally (new baby + other things going on) got my hose sorted so I can use my pressure washer outside the front of my house. Got some snow foam (Autobrite IIRC) and used it a couple of times. The pressure washer and also snow foam has made quite a large difference to the washing process so I thought I'd finally get some gyeon wetcoat and give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation btw. I haven't got the time to spend on the car due to having two kids under 5 and other life commitments, nor am I an expert. However the wetcoat is exactly what I was looking for and I was seriously impressed by it. Yeah I'll also have to invest in some some other polish/sealant when my Blackhole and the cheap wax I have runs out but as a top up and a quick fix this is ideal.

SQ5
Anyone ever worked on an Evoque. Missus, mates, mum has been to the Polish wash and has scratches all over so needs a mild cut and polish.

Is the Paint soft or fairly hard if anyone has worked on me before? Black if it makes a difference

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Having my wheels refurbished next week, what do I need to prep and protect them?
I have a new 500ml bottle of raceglaze nano wheel sealant mate if you want it.Spray on leave a minute then buff.Layer in an hour.Really enhances the shine and protects well

RS Clio 200
I've just been reading up on the c5, seems good but £22 for 15ml? This is Yorkshire and they can f**k right off!
What you want for that bottle @ADS_V6
Hi, it is quite expensive initially but one bottle will do at least 3 sets of wheels and it's supposed to last a year when it's on!

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
So after a year and a half, my Wookies fist wash mitt has bit the dust and literally seperated from the inner part. Question is do I replace like for like or replace with something like a microfibre madness/gtechniq wm2 or gyeon smoothie