ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
@Knuckles you used 800 grit on headlights??!!

The 600 grit in that video is f**king awful, might aswell take your headlights off the car and drag them against the floor. 1200 I the lowest i'd ever go on headlights.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@Knuckles you used 800 grit on headlights??!!

The 600 grit in that video is f**king awful, might aswell take your headlights off the car and drag them against the floor. 1200 I the lowest i'd ever go on headlights.

Yeah, it worked fine.

I normally wouldn't go that low but there was some deep marks that had to come out and I didn't want to spend ages with 1200.

I wouldn't go any lower than 800 and I wouldn't dare use 600 on paint. I wouldn't dare use less than 1500 myself tbh.

BMW M140i, BMW 330d
I loved my Kranzle but it suffered with Oil Leaks so watch the seals dude and if you get even a sniff of the dreaded milky residue get it repaired and make sure its serviced when it should be

Fantastic machine though - really good. I must have had a dodgy one but then most things i buy are broken lol - Im a jinx

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Kranzle- wow!

So much better quality than Karcher / Nilfisk. I've had 5 washers in 10years now. Hopefully this one lasts and lives up to the name.
This is my old thing. It's bloody old but still going strong.
4137fc17ee084e4f7d0182558da07f69.jpg

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Been using a Eurow noodle wash mitt for a while and it's about at the end of its life now.
Anyone got any recommendations for a new one?

BMW M140i, BMW 330d
If its embedded use a citrus pre wash or All purpose cleaner.

When i come across serious tree sap APC is the only thing that touches it.

Clay bars etc dont even denib it (If its the hard nectar type raised bobbles)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Is it a pain to use?
When it wears off do the wiper blades judder?

G1 can cause juddering if not applied and removed properly. Problem is you don't know you've applied it wrong till it's too late. It performs extremely well and can't be beaten in that sense.

For ease of use and application. Something like angelwax h2go or powermaxed rainoff are simple spray on, buff and wipe off like a generic QD. Performs well for a good month or two before it drops off.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What's the best thing to remove tree sap?

If it's light sap then a strong pre wash and heavy concentrate of shampoo would suffice on a protected car.

If it's bad and well stuck on, wash normally then use a tar remover. Will make short work of tree sap, aphids droppings and other organic fallout and debris and not just far spots.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
G1 can cause juddering if not applied and removed properly. Problem is you don't know you've applied it wrong till it's too late. It performs extremely well and can't be beaten in that sense.

For ease of use and application. Something like angelwax h2go or powermaxed rainoff are simple spray on, buff and wipe off like a generic QD. Performs well for a good month or two before it drops off.

Yeah that angelwax stuff is good. Like you say doesn't last too long though.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If its embedded use a citrus pre wash or All purpose cleaner.

When i come across serious tree sap APC is the only thing that touches it.

Clay bars etc dont even denib it (If its the hard nectar type raised bobbles)

If it's light sap then a strong pre wash and heavy concentrate of shampoo would suffice on a protected car.

If it's bad and well stuck on, wash normally then use a tar remover. Will make short work of tree sap, aphids droppings and other organic fallout and debris and not just far spots.

It's pretty chunky stuff that's on the car. Looks like I need some tar remover for the weekend then. Thanks guys.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Magic sponges.....are they safe on leather?

I've only recently discovered the phenomenon that is the magic sponge. Just tried one on a bit of inconspicuous leather, and it seems a bit harsh? Does a fuckin good job mind

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I did an e92 m3 over the past couple of days. The previous owner seemed a bit harsh with washing it so it was full of deep scratches and the paint was quite dull

IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG

I got most of the surface scratches out but couldn't do much with the really deep ones in a day.

Hex logic cutting pads with menz heavy cut polish made short work of the hard German paint.

Ptg readings before and after showed the heavy combo took next to nothing off too! I imagine it would've chewed through the metal of any other car haha

Carpro essence works wonders as a finishing polish

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Daniel or anyone else who uses Autosmart Red7, what spray bottles do you use for it?

I've tried various different ones and it always clogs them up or the sprayer starts leaking down my hands after a few uses. Think I've been through about 3 or 4 different sprayers now and none seem to be able to cope with it!