ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tardis, then ideally clay then polish. Tardis will remove tar and some crap, clay will get the ingrained s**t. You can also add Iron X in there but may be overkill depending on level of detail you're in to.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
AF Citrus Power if you just want a general pre rinse product to lift road grime.

Kev's answer for all other issues.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Thanks guys, ran out of Iron X a couple months ago so more of that's on the list now too!

Mini JCW
I'll get some later when the sun's on it.

Had to deal with the panels resprayed and 'mopped' by the body shop :

12774_10151942156807006_1414888197_n.jpg

Single pass of Menz 2500 PF and CG Hex green pad :

1964911_10151942168462006_1443829272_n.jpg

Needs refining still.

Mini JCW
I did use nearly the entire bottle for one car :eek: - next time i'll get an atomiser sprayer.

Nearly out of my 5l of Last Touch QD - not bought any QD in a few years now - anything new on the market worth going for over LT?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I used clay for the first time today - really impressed with it's results!

It maybe a stupid question but can I use the clay bar again?

depends how dirty it is.

if you can kneed it and still get a clean side then its good for another wash

Not a 320d
Alrite Im gunna go for it. Ill get the polisher now then get some pads and polish later.

Some more questions:

1. I really want to try the flat MF pads. Ive never used them before. What brand should I try? Or should I stick to Hex?

2. Last year I applied CQUK. Ive never had to polish a car before which has had C1 or CQUK applied a year ago. Will this present me with any problem? Or should it just polish right off?

3. What Coating should I apply this year. I hear this BC Modesta stuff is all the rave right now or is this just blatant marketing/sponsorship. Should I stick with CQUK again? I will be applying Sonax BSD as usual after each wash.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Afternoon all :)
I was just wondering if someone may be able to give a bit of advice or a point in the right direction?

I'm in a situation where I like to keep my car clean and the paint work protected but struggle with mobility issues at the moment, making the task a bit of a mammoth.

I am looking for some car cleaning products that are swift and easy to use but leave fantastic results.
(Ideally so I am applying as little pressure through my arm/shoulder as possible)

Also for some protection/sealant that again need as little pressure as possible to apply by hand. Something that is easy to work in to the cars body would be ideal without having to spend a lot of time on the car.

I am unable to use a DA machine at the mo as they're to heavy for me to hold for any period of time + the vibrations cause the nerves in my right hand and arm to spasm so I would no doubt destroy the car.....which is not my goal.

If anyone has any idea's on the best kind of products to use it would be appreciated greatly.
Cheers!

172 cup
What would you apply to wheels an brakes to keep the brake dust off them brakes are brembos so painted would c5 be the best

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Afternoon all :)
I was just wondering if someone may be able to give a bit of advice or a point in the right direction?

I'm in a situation where I like to keep my car clean and the paint work protected but struggle with mobility issues at the moment, making the task a bit of a mammoth.

I am looking for some car cleaning products that are swift and easy to use but leave fantastic results.
(Ideally so I am applying as little pressure through my arm/shoulder as possible)

Also for some protection/sealant that again need as little pressure as possible to apply by hand. Something that is easy to work in to the cars body would be ideal without having to spend a lot of time on the car.

I am unable to use a DA machine at the mo as they're to heavy for me to hold for any period of time + the vibrations cause the nerves in my right hand and arm to spasm so I would no doubt destroy the car.....which is not my goal.

If anyone has any idea's on the best kind of products to use it would be appreciated greatly.
Cheers!

Do you have / can you use a Hose or Jet Wash? If so Carpro Hydr02 would be the least effort to add som nice protection.

Failing that Auto Finesse Tough Coat, very easy, spritz on an applicator pad, wipe over panel then wipe off with clean Micro fibre, no buffing needed.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you have / can you use a Hose or Jet Wash? If so Carpro Hydr02 would be the least effort to add som nice protection.

Failing that Auto Finesse Tough Coat, very easy, spritz on an applicator pad, wipe over panel then wipe off with clean Micro fibre, no buffing needed.

Hose + Jet wash present just a bit of a fiddle getting them out at the mo.
Just watched a video on how to appply that Hydr02 stuff and looks easy enough so might have a bash at that!

Probably get some of that tough coat stuff as a back up aswell.
Cheers -J-

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sonax BSD is a great all round product also... Spray it on, Wipe it over and clean Microfibre to remove, Created great shine and gives some protection, Great as a top up product.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Sonax BSD is a great all round product also... Spray it on, Wipe it over and clean Microfibre to remove, Created great shine and gives some protection, Great as a top up product.

i second this, jay.s give me some of his sample and it's awesome. I need to get the big bottle.

i love the consistency too, spray on, spread round then wipe off. It's such piss to use!

I'd also give sonax bsd a try. I got a sample in waxybox and I didn't even bother finishing the sample before buying a full sized bottle. It's the most impressive product I've used in a very long time. I've used it side by side with c2v3 and the c2 was much slicker but application was similar and when you consider the price of the sonax for a 750ml bottle it's very good value for money. It might not last as long as c2v3 or reload but I'd happily apply it every month or so.

The other week just as I finished washing my car it started raining and just as an experiment I sprayed some sonax bsd onto half of my completely unprotected soaking wet bootlid. I spread it around the wet panel with my hand and just hosed it off and went inside because it was raining quite hard by this point.

Yesterday I washed my car as normal and as I rinsed off the shampoo from the boot lid I was amazed that half of the boot lid was protected and sheeting/beading water as if I had applied the sonax to a dry panel. So if your short of time or want to use it as a drying aid it still provides the same protection when applied to a wet panel.

Very impressive product.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I wanted some added protection during maintenance washes, bought af finale and tested it against bsd, sonax is beading slightly tighter after a week and i think it's much better to use just for the consistency

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I use Finale as a drying aid now and BSD for a quick wipe over after.... Build up a couple of layers and it really sheets water very well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Alrite Im gunna go for it. Ill get the polisher now then get some pads and polish later.

Some more questions:

1. I really want to try the flat MF pads. Ive never used them before. What brand should I try? Or should I stick to Hex?

2. Last year I applied CQUK. Ive never had to polish a car before which has had C1 or CQUK applied a year ago. Will this present me with any problem? Or should it just polish right off?

3. What Coating should I apply this year. I hear this BC Modesta stuff is all the rave right now or is this just blatant marketing/sponsorship. Should I stick with CQUK again? I will be applying Sonax BSD as usual after each wash.

Definitely go for CQUK again mate. It's so easy to use and so well priced. Gives a great base for BSD or any other protection. :)

It will polish up fine mate. A decent polish will remove it via machine.

Megs MF pads still seem best to me. I prefer hex pads but different strokes.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looooooolllll!!!!

is this that stuff that keeps getting poster to fb with captions along the lines of

"this wax beading well ;)" wtf is the winky face for?! Are you lying? Have you used a decent wax and trying to pass it off as your s**t?! Come on.
"MINT" iirc?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course, would maybe need compounding, but you don't actually have to as you can just forget it's there. Hand glaze it/polish it then top with sealant/wax.

You don't actually have to remove it.