ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Chappers, Whizzer on DW has you logged in and posting yesterday? Are you still having issues?

Gally, he had you logged in yesterday at 11am. I only tried at 4.40pm?!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's logs in sometimes but when I go to click anything the page just loads then shows up nothing. White page!

Sometimes I don't even get that far.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Me and Jay have. It's one of the best on the market easily. If I was only doing my own car i'd use it all the time. Doing a few means I buy BiltHamber.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mine isn't. It's s**t. It's s**t and it's s**t. Fucktards.

Applied the Gtechniq G1 to the windscreen yesterday. Wow. This stuff is amazing.

I probably looked mental, grinning at my windscreen.

182 Trophy
Right abit of a dumb question here but what does everyone use for stripping wax before a correction or if you're moving onto a totally new glaze and wax combo? Always used a very dilute megs apc but never been 100percent. Also it might have been answered before but what's everyone's thoughts on clearkote red moose? I've got a trophy now so thinking it'll be ideal?

Red moose is superb. Although Prima Amigo might be better.

To strip previous LSPs, usually strong solution of APC as you've said or washing up liquid. Not keen on the latter as it contains salts so could potentially scratch.

182 Trophy
Thanks JD, funny you should say that as I actually swapped red moose for prima amigo in my shopping basket earlier haha. Just got to find something decent for the girlfriends frozen white fiesta ST. I understand prima amigo is more suited to dark colours?

Got a black car to do tomorrow, don't have any special black car products
I have AF tripple, and AF tough coat, and zaino z6 which is what I usually use on my car.
Also have SRP and some meguiars nxt tech wax 2.0 from when I used to buy shiz from halfords.

Will these do or should I get some specific products? Worth using SRP instead of tripple? (not sure what condition the paint is in)

M2 Comp
Just gave mine a quick wash and tried Z6 afterwards for the first time. Really impressed, by far the best QD i've used!

Did manage to use quite a bit tho :eek:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone tried the C4 trim stuff? I'm temped to buy it before parting my dosh

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if it's applied properly with the necessary prep, C4 is worth it as a long term dressing. if you want something that you don't have to worry about prep and don't mind applying every few months look at AF revive

Noobish question, but does tar remover strip layers of wax?

Car is covered in tar, but I don't want to strip my layers off, as I want the finish to last me until next year/when I have a working DA again.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What sort of prep work like? If its too much hassle I'll give that AF Revive a go

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tar removers will do a good job at removing a lot of the wax, but may not remove it altogether. So I'd be re waxing after using it.

But in my opinion, if tar is sticking to the paint, your wax and sealant is showing good signs that it's past its best. If it were one or two spots then, but a lot and I'd already be planning stripping back re sealing

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Prep for any of the nano sealants like c4 needs a spotless base. So after decontamination the surface you need some like IPA or panel wipe to remove oils etc. Then you have to be pretty sensible with application. It's pretty fussy, but once on properly will outlast 99% of everything else on the market

Revive is probably my favourite on permanent dressing and a small bottle will last you ages

Tar removers will do a good job at removing a lot of the wax, but may not remove it altogether. So I'd be re waxing after using it.

But in my opinion, if tar is sticking to the paint, your wax and sealant is showing good signs that it's past its best. If it were one or two spots then, but a lot and I'd already be planning stripping back re sealing
That's the worrying thing. I only applied 2 layers of Zaino Z2, followed by 3-4 layers of Dodo Juice the week before CSS. Can't understand why i've got so much tar.
I may have over exaggerated, but I still didn't expect quite a few spots at the bottom of each doors already tbh. Products past their best now or something? Never had this issue before.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Rain water is very clean if you can link 2-3 together as settling tanks (and an in-line filter in the down pipe) and take off from the final tank.

The filters work well, but I believe can run out quite quickly once you start washing your car often and thus can get expensive. As the gent above me has suggested, water butts are the best method.

GTD, Lupo
Do you need to treat the water in the water butts? i remmeber when i was younger my parents had a water butt and the water was all scummy.

M2 Comp
Does anybody know if using Zymol Carbon over Z2 would be 'compatible'? If that makes sense... lol