ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Mate I would gladly have invited you! The issue is Highborn is on Xbox pretty much all day and in a party so hard to invite someone he is with and not invite him. Having said that Rob (Grim Gregg) is normally decent but he died about 3 or 4 times. And Marner just sounds like he's in a submarine and moans everyone is standing in front of him the whole time!
I enjoy the raid and the banter in general but I get wound up when people make ridiculous mistakes repeatedly and need to be told every round which podium to go to.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I know you think I'm awesome really! I know what you mean, it gets awkward when you try and exclude people, or have too many in the party to invite, etc.

That being said, I'll be on this evening!

Mito Sportiva 135
I should be on. Although my gf did say 'I can't remember the last time we fell asleep together apart from when you've been drunk' and in her defence, that is pretty true!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I should be on. Although my gf did say 'I can't remember the last time we fell asleep together apart from when you've been drunk' and in her defence, that is pretty true!
Thankfully I've gone to bed with my Mrs a lot this week, so I won't get any hassle. It's getting harder to play so much now as her shift pattern has changed along with her role at work, so she's not doing nightshifts or heinously early starts any more, so doesn't need to be in bed for 7pm :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Damn women! Mine usually gets into bed about 10pm but I probably need to show her some more love. I probably speak to Highborn and his insular views than I do with her, so feel a bit guilty!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Damn women! Mine usually gets into bed about 10pm but I probably need to show her some more love. I probably speak to Highborn and his insular views than I do with her, so feel a bit guilty!
Get Oryx out of the way tonight, then spend a couple of days giving her some attention. It's the best way

GTD, Lupo
Im on nights all this week so will only be on for an hour or so in the day. Though i might not be playing at all as i think my pad is on its way out, its started doing the old creep forwards and I'm struggling to drag snip in pvp as the sensitivity is random every time i move it. its a shame it has decided to go now as I'm off to america in april and i was going to pick up an elite pad.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah that's what happened to mine! Kept getting worse until it was unplayable. The Elite controller is really nice though - I don't use the paddles for Destiny but have changed the stick sensitivity and reduced the vibration so it's still there but doesn't throw you off as much (plus on Oryx the amount of vibration in there makes you feel like you've been holding a jackhammer all day).

You managed to do CM today yet? If I go on later I'm going to be a bit ruthless about who I play with as last night really annoyed me. Not saying I'm great but some of the other guys we play with are awful

GTD, Lupo
Yeah that's what happened to mine! Kept getting worse until it was unplayable. The Elite controller is really nice though - I don't use the paddles for Destiny but have changed the stick sensitivity and reduced the vibration so it's still there but doesn't throw you off as much (plus on Oryx the amount of vibration in there makes you feel like you've been holding a jackhammer all day).

You managed to do CM today yet? If I go on later I'm going to be a bit ruthless about who I play with as last night really annoyed me. Not saying I'm great but some of the other guys we play with are awful

Whats CM? Would you say the elite pad is worth it as i might just end up buying one as a normal pad is around £30-40 so might as well just chuck it into an elite as i don't think I'm going to save much more than that in the states.

Mito Sportiva 135
Challenge Mode! I think I have muscle memory for Oryx now playing as a titan in the middle - just got a nice pattern going on so can do it all without really having to think too much now.
The Elite is a lot but personally I think it's a nice upgrade - more comfortable to hold and use and you can customise it LOADS. I imagine for serious PVP playing it would be really useful. You can save loads of custom modes on the app and then switch between 2 using the button on the front quickly. So you could even have a PVE and PVP loadout if you wanted.
I only paid £30 for mine as I had vouchers but pleased I got it. Along with my headset it really improves the experience.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

That going to include me?

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha no you just about pass! And you're 320 so you need to carry me anyway :smile:

I just lost it last night having to explain to a 51 year old which way anti clockwise is EVERY SINGLE ROUND

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha no you just about pass! And you're 320 so you need to carry me anyway :smile:

I just lost it last night having to explain to a 51 year old which way anti clockwise is EVERY SINGLE ROUND
I find it hard to believe you lost it, as you seem so chilled about it today...

f**king right I should pass! I know what you mean, I (quietly) get annoyed at having to wipe constantly / drag people through. Fair enough if it's new content, but on stuff that's been out for months, there's no need for it!

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh I'm chilled, my brain just can't handle stupidity. Pretty sure clockwise/anti-clockwise is something which has been around for a while now.
Also, LFG. I use it and yes, sometimes it's not great, but generally it's fine if you do a bit of selective recruitment e.g. Destiny Tracker.
Some of the guys we play with refuse to use it, just because they fear the unknown...because they 'want to play with their friends'. Which is nice sentiment but we all made contact via the internet through one means or another, so their argument just doesn't make any sense!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh I'm chilled, my brain just can't handle stupidity. Pretty sure clockwise/anti-clockwise is something which has been around for a while now.
Also, LFG. I use it and yes, sometimes it's not great, but generally it's fine if you do a bit of selective recruitment e.g. Destiny Tracker.
Some of the guys we play with refuse to use it, just because they fear the unknown...because they 'want to play with their friends'. Which is nice sentiment but we all made contact via the internet through one means or another, so their argument just doesn't make any sense!
I'm just messing with you, I do agree with what you're saying. Some things shouldn't need explaining, the difference between clockwise and anti-clockwise is one of them. I get someone making the mistake once, in a panic, but consistently is ridiculous - weed isn't an excuse either...

Mito Sportiva 135
It's not. There was a string of other mess ups. Putting a shield in the middle so we couldn't shoot anything (also did the same over the puddle on Golgoroth)...not things you should be doing after spending over 2,500 hours (nearly 3 months!) playing the game.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's repetitive, sure, but boring - not to me. It's a lot of other things (frustrating, sometimes broken or laggy, beautiful, addictive) but wouldn't say boring apart from some of the more grind focused quests.

Mark - good runs last night! Thanks for carrying me...enjoy your day off! I won't be on tonight but will be tomorrow no doubt.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's repetitive, sure, but boring - not to me. It's a lot of other things (frustrating, sometimes broken or laggy, beautiful, addictive) but wouldn't say boring apart from some of the more grind focused quests.

Mark - good runs last night! Thanks for carrying me...enjoy your day off! I won't be on tonight but will be tomorrow no doubt.

Yeah, they were nice and smooth - bar the young Yank who thought his balls were huge, but in fact was s**t... Managing to get my ToM to 320, and a 310 Truth were the highlights for me though, not great overall!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I got my Hung Jury to 320 but took 2 x 320 primaries. Didn't really get much else. Unless it's 320 I don't want to know!
Did you still have the totem CP?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I got my Hung Jury to 320 but took 2 x 320 primaries. Didn't really get much else. Unless it's 320 I don't want to know!
Did you still have the totem CP?
No, I didn't switch out any characters. Wish I had though. I only have my Hunter left to do it on anyway.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oryx CM on first attempt! Thanks for carrying me.
In fact, I don't think I died throughout the entire raid...imagine if I was 320!!!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Oryx CM on first attempt! Thanks for carrying me.
In fact, I don't think I died throughout the entire raid...imagine if I was 320!!!
Haha, don't mention it...

Thankfully any mistakes people made were covered. People dying on Warpriest, and Daughters for instance. Was a relaxing raid compared to some others!

GTD, Lupo
Anyone bothered with iron spanner this week?

I hit level 5 yesterday and got the sniper rifle which is pretty good with as it has the highest aim assist in the game so far.

Oh and the trial run of the new matchmaking seems to be a lot better.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Other than the nights I've raised with Brand, I haven't been on.

Mind you I never PvP so wouldn't be on IB anyway!

I'm actually totally bored with the game now.

White APE
Was just have a belting game on Omnigul when for no apparent reason my ps4 spat the disc out. [emoji35]

Mito Sportiva 135
Anyone bothered with iron spanner this week?

I hit level 5 yesterday and got the sniper rifle which is pretty good with as it has the highest aim assist in the game so far.

Oh and the trial run of the new matchmaking seems to be a lot better.
I actually really liked rift - when played in a team it's a lot of fun (or can be!). Getting a dunk and killing 5 enemies all chasing you in vain is awesome. Bladedancer with all the stealth perks on was great, don't think I would ever get bored of that!

As for MM, maybe its a coincidence as Sky optimised my line (and now a beefy 2mb!!!) but I was green 95% of matches and so were opposition. So, seems to be working. Plus they said they could do more...so hopefully they will. Heaven knows why they couldn't have done this even before SBMM was implemented though!

As for drops I got a 319 helmet and a 316 hand cannon BUT, after I had just hit level 5 on my titan, finally got a 320 shell to drop for me! :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Other than the nights I've raised with Brand, I haven't been on.

Mind you I never PvP so wouldn't be on IB anyway!

I'm actually totally bored with the game now.
Rift was actually a lot of fun! Even Best who usually hates PVP was loving it.

GTD, Lupo
Nah it's quite fun, honestly! The drops are pretty garbage but the mode itself is a good laugh.

I really enjoyed iron spanner this week. I have been getting some crazy kds and my rift kd is now well over 2 so hopefully the new matchmaking will convert over to all other pvp game modes.

Next up is the doubles game mode...

Mito Sportiva 135
Paul...I ch-ch-choooose you!
In all seriousness, I know I suck next to you in PVP, but would be good to have a couple of games. I've been getting about 1.2-1.5 on avg. with my hunter in rift plus getting a shed load of captures. Enjoyed it a lot.

p.s. did I mention I'm 320? :)

It astonishes me that people still play PvE in Destiny. I do fully understand how addictive it is but, by now, I would expect everyone to have rage quit.

It is the definition of insanity. Doing the shame s**t over and over expecting s**t to change.

The devs/publisher must be either laughing their heads off that some people continue to bow down before them and grind for nothing, or they're shitting themselves knowing that nearly everyone has abandoned it. It doesn't even work properly anymore. PvP often results in matchmaking with players on the Moon. The entire game is a joke. A tragically hollow insanity simulator. Terrible shame, really, as the shooting is fantastic, and the art style/gear is deeply cool. It just needs hanging onto a good game.

Maybe they will deliver with Destiny 2. They will have to, or abandon the entire idea.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Haven't bothered since maybe November time. Finished on 306 or something. Playing hours upon hours a week to gain an extra 2 light points? No ta. No more for me. I enjoyed it up until around 300.