ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Designed/ made my own Decat

Hi Guys,

I started looking for a decat a while ago, mostly as i wanted a little more noise from my 182. I found that most of the decats on the market seem to be a constant diameter with a large step at one end or the other. My reckoning is that this is going to disturb the flow though the decat, so i decided to design a decat with a constant taper from 2 5/8" down to 2" (standard manifold to standard/rs192 centre section) for better flow charicteristics.

The whole thing is pretty simple and basically consists of a rolled taper with a flare and a laser cut flange (left loose) at the inlet end, and machined flange TIG'd on the outlet. I have a Scorpion rs192 cat back system so fitment of the decat will fit this as well as an OE system.

Im pretty happy with the result as it had been a cheap (just made from some standard 304SS) and simple mod that has changed the note of the exhaust and makes me laugh at the badly mapped Renault cold start even more when it pops and gurgles in the morning.

I have added some images below, let me know what you think.
decat.jpg
IMG_4509.JPG
IMG_4510.JPG
IMG_4512.JPG
IMG_4514.JPG

Cheers,
Ben.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Brilliant looks really well made!!
Remember putting one on my 182 and loving it. Made a good difference imo.
Fancy making me one for my abarth? Mega bucks from a tuning company for what it is. :(

Cheers Guys!!

Brilliant looks really well made!!
Remember putting one on my 182 and loving it. Made a good difference imo.
Fancy making me one for my abarth? Mega bucks from a tuning company for what it is. 😧

If you could send me a standard one i would have a go!

182 trackcar, XC60t6
hi I have a bog standard 172. The Cat can be removed here in NZ. . .any advice on performance improvements if I remove it? Not too worried about more noise. Nice work above by Ben too!

Who did the tapered pipe?
We make a lot of tube & pipe at my work so it was a lunchtime job, it's a laser cut blank rolled and seam welded.
hi I have a bog standard 172. The Cat can be removed here in NZ. . .any advice on performance improvements if I remove it? Not too worried about more noise. Nice work above by Ben too!
I'm not sure on any performance improvements on mine, it "feels" quicker but that probably just the extra noise tbh.
Looks great!

Is that Google sketch up?
It's SolidWorks.

Cheers,
Ben