ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demon Tweeks Coilovers

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

Had a look at the Demon Tweeks site and they do finance for coilovers.. anyone tried this? ive had a look and the apr is pretty high but none the less i dont think i could fork out £250+ in one lump for some coilovers. Anyone know what discount us CS members get from Demon Tweeks? Could knock about 10% off the final price or something!

Also what mm dimension is the mounting bracket on a 1.2 8v clio if anyone knows? 23mm or 27mm?

Thanks

6f6.gif

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Surely it would be easier to get a 0% credit card no??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you need to get £250 out on finance, there is probably more important things you need to sort out in your life first.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I went and got alloys and suspension came close to £1000 i took out there own finance came in at 0% just paid if off now

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sorry if that sounded harsh, but i think it's a fair comment.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I was in a similar position to the OP last year, wanted to buy car mods but couldn't afford it, I knew this so I just didn't buy them simple really, now I have a decent job and can splash out on these things.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
If you need to get £250 out on finance, there is probably more important things you need to sort out in your life first.

You know nothing of my life and what i have to pay, you probably had a pretty easy life and got things easily, when your in my position at 19 and on a minimum wage job then you try afford £250 in one go...

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Save up, then buy some. £250 is dirt cheap, although you could look for some rokkor/raceland coilovers.
Tried finding some rokkor ones but they were coming out at around £400? :/ unless im looking in the wrong place, but there is good and bad reviews on them. Some saying that they broke within a year and others saying they have lasted a while and good, but both saying they are very bad over bumps? :/

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You know nothing of my life and what i have to pay, you probably had a pretty easy life and got things easily, when your in my position at 19 and on a minimum wage job then you try afford £250 in one go...

You also know nothing of my life! That's exactly my point, i wouldn't "try afford" them, I simply wouldn't buy them.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
hence why i said 'Probably' and not say you did? and well tbh its the car im going to be having it for a few years probably until i can afford something better so may aswell try and make it better? and finance i could do it as its monthly payments, but a big lump sum i could probably only afford about £120 at most?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Entirely up to you if you buy them, but honestly, taking out finance for £250, especially on something you don't actually need is stupid. I'm sure %99 of CS will agree.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
But to be honest, the 99% of CS arnt me are they? so like you said its entirely my decision. But i didnt actually say anywhere that i was going to go through with it. I was asking if anyone had done it and about the spacing on the mounting bracket for an 8v clio if anyone knew. Plus although coilovers are something i dont actually need, doesnt stop me wanting them. I want to make my car lower than the 40mm that it is at the moment.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
hence why i said 'Probably' and not say you did? and well tbh its the car im going to be having it for a few years probably until i can afford something better so may aswell try and make it better? and finance i could do it as its monthly payments, but a big lump sum i could probably only afford about £120 at most?
If you can afford the payments plus £120 then save for 2/3/4 months and buy them out right.

As said, coilovers aren't needed, particularly sh1t ones. If lowz are that important, just get a set of springs.

Whatever you do, don't get the finance. Borrowing should be managed and getting into the habit of borrowing for stuff like car mods is just lunacy!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ive got a credit card, just paying off it then not being able to pay back for a while isnt the best thing to do? not really going to get the best rating off it am i?

Megane 250
I would take out finance for some parts but I wouldn't for a 1.2, same as I wouldn't with my vtr just because I know that ill probably sell the car before I pay on finance, if I had a 182 and intended on keeping it for 2-3 years I wouldn't hesitate to take out finance, but I wouldn't ask what people on a forum think.

When I get a 182 ill probably end up on finance for decent coilovers, I wouldn't do it for something like 250, upto you though :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well i wont be having a new car until ive atleast got 2 years no claims i think. But everyone on here 'seems' to think that i am 'going' to buy them on finance. But i havent actually said i was going to, just saying has anyone else done it and get hate for saying it :S

Megane 250
well i wont be having a new car until ive atleast got 2 years no claims i think. But everyone on here 'seems' to think that i am 'going' to buy them on finance. But i havent actually said i was going to, just saying has anyone else done it and get hate for saying it :S

A lot of people seem to think that finance is stupid etc, or just save up, but like you said it's not always easy for people to save.

Astra (H) VXR
poor lad only asked a question and now hes getting advice from the international CS finance advice committee.

IMO if you want/need something and yo ucan get it on 0% apr then whats the point in saving, its the exact same except you get what you want now.

also again, if something is 0% why pay the full amount and struggle for a while when you can pay a small amount monthly and be comfortable and still pay the same..

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Have you found out how much it would bump up your insurance?

To your original question about sizes. Your car will most likely have 52mm bolt spacing. Measure it to make sure.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Have you found out how much it would bump up your insurance?

To your original question about sizes. Your car will most likely have 52mm bolt spacing. Measure it to make sure.

I havent checked, im on third party fire and theft so if i was to crash then i wouldnt be covered anyways unless someone crashed into me but id have to live with having my insurance void, Im already paying £2700 so yeah :p

poor lad only asked a question and now hes getting advice from the international CS finance advice committee.

IMO if you want/need something and yo ucan get it on 0% apr then whats the point in saving, its the exact same except you get what you want now.

also again, if something is 0% why pay the full amount and struggle for a while when you can pay a small amount monthly and be comfortable and still pay the same..

atleast someone gets where im coming from, and yeah i wish i could find something on 0% apr! :p

Corsa VXR
I'm also 19 and pay a hefty amount on insurance, but even I wouldn't get finance for that? I agree, just save up and skip the interest? Failing that find a friend or family member who might be able to lend it to you?