ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demister won't stop blowing! HELP PLEASE

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Hello! Normal day as you do, I turn on my demister then turned it off after a while but it wouldn't actually turn off I turned off all my climate control thing, still blowing at full speed and highest heat, only thing ican control is heat when I need to and where the air blows, it only stops when car is completely off.. I have tried everything! Can someone please help as this is driving me insane! thanks, gingerjosh:rasp:

Westfield, 182, 200
Resistor pack, common fault and seems to be happening a lot in the cold weather.

Do a search in the how to section. You can send it off and get it repaired on ebay for around £30.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've sent mine off to a guy on eBay - it took about 5-10 mins in the dark to remove the resistor pack. Very easy to do yourself and will save a bomb as a new part is about £120.

Westfield, 182, 200
Tried the transistor repair on mine but it didn't work.

If i had to do it again, i'd bridge pins 1 and 5 to get the blower running flat out and send mine to somebody on ebay too!

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Okay thanks guys, i might just buy one off ebay because theres quite a few on there and not that pricey, but i need to know exactly what is and what it looks like can anyone show me please? So i dont buy the wrong thing lool

Westfield, 182, 200
Look at the link Dan put up, like he says, it takes 10 mins to take out. If you have climate make sure you get the correct one, it has a black connector socket and 6 pins about 6mm wide.

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Yeah i have climate so im having trouble finding one.. And not too sure what im looking at :/ and them links just take me to ebay?

Westfield, 182, 200
You're not a paid up member, so i'm not sure whether you can view it??

Try Google, there's a thread somewhere, will put a link to the correct ebay part but go to go out for a bit!

1.2, 172 Cup soon
I cant seem to disconnect the plug from the actual metal heatsinking looking thing loool, if that makes sense, how do you take the plug out of it, any help? :banghead:

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Nah Adam it isnt that i need, its the actual resistor it looks like this, and Ian i cant actually take it off its on so tight loool i dunno if im trying to pull it off wrong though! This is what it looks like though!
resistor-pack.jpg

Westfield, 182, 200
Not 100% sure where you're struggling.
The resistor when you take it out looks like the picture.
To get the plug off the resisitor, you have to push the locking pins either side inwards. On my car, the right hand one that was difficult to get to was already broken. They are quite stiff. Then to remove the resistor pack itself, you need an m7 (may have been m6 or m8!) socket as the self tap screw has a hex head. The right hand on can be a mare to get to. Then it just lifts out.

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Yeah ive taken the screws out and pulled it out, but okay i know now what to do, but im gonna leave it for tonight because i do need my heater for tomorrow even if its stuck on full blast lool going to westfield for some christmas shopping with the ms :boring: so dont want a cold drive there haha, but i will take it out tomorrow and might just send it off to one of these ebay repair things, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3366761262 does this one look good to you? Remember mines climate control and it says that so yeah! Any advice guys?

Westfield, 182, 200
Like Dan says, if you look at the plug that goes into the resistor, it has 5 pins (oops, think I may have put 6 pins somewhere) If you get a piece of wire, or even better, a piece of wire with 2 spade connectors on it, you can connect the 2 outer pins which will make the heater run flat out (the same as the knackered resistor) so you can use your car with a heater and send the pack away for repair.
Ian.

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Okay mate! Thats good news as it is cold lool! Thanks so much guys for the help, i will defo take it out, bridge it tomorrow then send off my resistor pack! I will post back here in a week or whenever i get it back to let you know the results, Cheers :hail:

Westfield, 182, 200
Forgot to say, I think it's mainly cars with climate that have this problem. None climate cars have a proper resisitor pack (the climate one is called a PWM if I remember correctly, which I think stands for pulse width modulation which is how it works), the none climate cars have a pack with 3 resistors (car has 4 speeds on the fan, the 4th is flat out ad doesn't need a resistor).
There're several people who repair the pack, not sure who's best!

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Yeah that one on eBay is for climate control resistor pack repair so I think I will go with that one I posted earlier, have a look and tell me what you think!

quick question. if i remove the resistor pack and send it away is the car still ok to drive. i have the same problem

Westfield, 182, 200
Just got back from the Canaries, has everyone fixed their heater??

Will my car start tomorrow??

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Hello guys! Just updated! Sent mine to someone on eBay the other day got it back already and worked!!!!! Never been so happy haha feels weird driving being able to actually hear everything as I've been driving around with constant blowing for the past few weeks and mate if you take it out and send it off you can bridge the first pin in the plug to the last pin in the plug, I just used some 30 amp wire but I'm sure you can use any sort of wire but that has worked for the past week so :) thanks guys