ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decision - Should i have it or not

Ordered my 182 with cup packs on the 16th July (through friends and family cost 11K) with a estimated delivery date of 13 October. That date has been and gone and Renault say they are waiting for a part and the Car is still in Dieppe, they then picked a date out of the air ( it seems) of the 28th October for the next estimated delivery but even the guy at Renault UK said he thinks it would take much longer than that.
I have been without a car for over 6 weeks due to one reason and another of which i will not bore you with so i am now considering cancelling the order and getting a 6 month old one off autotrader or even getting a different car alltogether.

One of the other things that i am taking into consideration is that the new model RS will be out summer 2006 so i am also wondering what my resale would be like in a years time even though i am buying it for 11K.

Just wanted peoples thoughts/advice on this situation.

Mondeo STTDCI
I got mine on F&F and after just over a year after a cost of £12k its probably worth £8.5-9k.

Personally I would not be shelling out on a new one on the brink of the new Clio's release be it a Sport version or not as yet.

However I assume you have paid a deposit and everything so I would be checking your terms carefully before pulling out.

Focus ST
I'd wait (for the one you have already ordered) if I were you and fire a few f**ks into them for their disgraceful service (see what you can blag!). 11k is a good deal brand new so the amount you lose shouldn't be horrendous.

Plus, no-one knows what the mk3 RS is actually like to drive so it could be a long wait just to be disappointed. And who says the mk3 residuals will be any stronger? People don't buy Renaults for their resale value, so depending on how long you keep it for it might not make that much difference.

Last edited:
Yeah it was me that got the sat nav. I was thinknig whether it was worth still getting it but everyone on here thinks so much of them i'm still going ahead with it.
Ring 'em and give 'em shi*.

Monaro VXR
my mums new car was delayed she basically made a big stink of it and since she needs the car they gave her a curtesy car until hers arrived made them get the car quicker though. The car instead of it being the few weeks they said it would be turned up in 5 days.

Monaro VXR
but i would honestly wait for the newer sports model that way even if it aint that good you could still get a 182 cheaper as the prices will have dropped and its likely some dealers may still have some kicking about i know my local dealers had a couple on the forecourts 54reg models with £9999 on the window.

RenaultSport clio 182
If you can wait for the new model then that's prob the best bet unless you can afford to get a 182 and then replace it if you fancy the new model. Having said that the 182 is great and at 11k is a good price for what you get. From the pics the new Clio looks like a 206 so the sports model needs to be significantly better looking if they want my hard earned cash.

S2000
Joolz said:
If you can wait for the new model then that's prob the best bet unless you can afford to get a 182 and then replace it if you fancy the new model. Having said that the 182 is great and at 11k is a good price for what you get. From the pics the new Clio looks like a 206 so the sports model needs to be significantly better looking if they want my hard earned cash.

There have been a few photos of the sports model posted up mate and IMO it looks the dogs danglies. I'm not too keen on the standard Mk3 because, as you say, it looks far too much like a 206, but I think that the sports really does look good.

Black/Gold 182
I'm getting a new 182 and figured for the price it's a good value car (yours is less than mine too), regardless of whether the new models coming out, however i'm not planning on trading it in in a year. Am secretly hoping the new RS is rubbish, then mine'll be worth more.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally i dont see the point in buying a brand new clio and suffering huge depreciation when ive seen ones in the trader with 6k miles for £9500 . . . which is what ill be doing in the newxt few weeks :)

I have just kicked up a fuss at Renault Uk about my delivery time problem above and they have made the dealership give me some compensation but they will not say what it will be unit the car arrives. Apparently if i am not happy with there compensation then i can take it further. I am not sure if i am happy or not!

Also i just printed all the private 182's off that are on Autotrader currently and they range from £9,650 - 12,150 depending on the plate i.e 04/54/05. So from what i have read a realistic price in a years time should be about £9,500 - £10,500 which means i would only have a depreciation of around £1000 - £1500 for the year which is not too bad. However if the RS 3 turns out to be brilliant i would be lucky to get the £9,500 figure.

Still undecided, let me know your thoughts?

E91 M Sport
I think it will be worth £9k in 12 months time. The second-hand car market is not a happy place right now, and the new Clio will not help matters.

Black 172
I know this is probably nothing to do with this topic but i bought my 172 second hand 03 plate with 23k miles on the clock and i only paid 6.5 k and i would probably get a bit more for it if i sold it on. I agree new cars are not worth it unless u r only keeping them for a year or so

Ford Fiesta
nothing like getting a new car though is there. Would like to hope can always get new cars as I have done up to now.
Keep them for a good few years to get your moneys worth.

Yaris Hybrid
I'd get the 182 as planned. The new RS Clio could be delayed and being a new model it will have even more flaws than the 182.

With the added weight and not enough power there is a darn good chance that the 182 will be a better drive - I reckon RS Clio 2 v RS Clio 3 will be like Mk2 Golf GTI v Mk3 Golf GTI. Even if it isn't that new Civic even in bog standard form makes the new RS Clio look like a museum piece.