ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deciding on an Exhaust System

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Hi guys
Trying to decide on an aftermarket exhaust system for my 182.
I don't want anything too loud as I am not really into that, but would be nice to have something a bit more sporty particularly when booting it.
Have considered the following so far:
Milltek cat back (resonated)
Pure motorsports cat back
I will be keeping the standard cat and just fitting a cat back system.
How are the above two systems rated for the 182, and how are they sound wise?
Previously I have owned a fair few VWs etc (VAG scene) and Milltek was always a system of choice, so I assume the quality of these are good for a 182 also?
The Pure one I have considered in part because it looks good, reasonable price, and also because of the uprated mounting system according to the description on their website, which is quite appealing for me.
I appreciate if I went for a Milltek or any other system, I could go for the uprated Prima racing mounts.
My standard exhaust is slightly on the piss at the moment, so would like to rectify this at the same time as fitting a new system.
I have put a wanted ad up for an Orbisoud too. I appreciate these are quite loud and that goes against what I am looking for, but heard nothing but good things about this exhaust so I would purchase one of these if one became available. Would have to be second hand mind since I have heard they are circa £1,000 new which is too expensive for me!
Any other suggestions also welcome. Appreciate any feedback. And apologies as I am sure this has been covered many times.
Cheers
Ash

not sure what the 182 one is like but i have a milltek with centre and rear silencer on my 172 and it sounds great. is noticably sportier tone than my other halfs 172 which has a standard exhaust but not as loud as some of the systems out there which is perfect for me as i leave for work at 6am everyday :)