ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decent reg plate sticky pads

182 FF
Can anyone recommend any decent sticky pads for reg plates. Used ones from halfords and another cheap motor place locally and they were pump.

Cheers

Nath

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Always used the large coin size velcro pads - can pick them up from halfords, never let me down and leave no mess unlike the sticky pads.

182 FF
You my friend are a top bloke, fitting euro plates so this would help me with the police if i got pulled so i could swap then over in 2 seconds.

Saves 20 quid each end on plate holders. I'll get down there tomorrow night.

Cheers

Nath

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah i use Velco too, makes it nice and easy for a proper clean! Just make sure its free of any wax etc. I tend to wash down with hot fairy liquid, then T cut lol

182 FF
Bought the velcro earlier, got the hardcore balck strips rather than the coins so i can spread em between 4 plates and swap around as needed, gonna get some 3/4 plates made up just to keep it lookin fresh every so often.

Solid stuff there's no way that stuff is movin anywhere!

Thanks again

Nath

E87 118d M Sport
i use the coins from halfords. think they hold 3kg's each, 3 on each plate, so they aint coming off. makes washing easy!!!!
couldnt recommend them enough

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I used double sided tape on mine from work, completely covered the plate and it hasnt budged :)

Never above 25mpg
I'd recommend plate holders tbh.

Can screw them in place, fit the plate, clip it in place and it's fixed secure. (Dependant on what type of holder you buy)

Also neatens up the car and should be easy to change for showplates etc. (unless you have a FancyPlates plate)

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
personally i would use double sided evo tape. works wonders and your plate aint going nowhere fast :clown:

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
maplins selll this stuff called automotive tape, its a double sided foam tape with green film, the stuffs the dogs danglies, had held my plates on solidly for over 6 months the only way they come of is if i pull so hars the bumper nearly comes with them lol. its also really handy generally about the car for securing trim etc. it comes in variousl widths only a couple quid a roll.