ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat pipe

clio 172 ph2
iv just fitted a de cat pipe to my 172 and i was expecting the exhaust gas warning light to come on in the dash but it hasnt. any 1 know why?

Clio 172mk2
but does the 2nd one just go into a blank hole, and not actually go into the decat where the gass`s are

S

Ste King 182

dont know then. i aint got a de-cat like but does it allways come on when you decat it? if so bulb gone? or you can get that thing done what turns the emmisions light off not sure what its called i know a few lads of here have mentioned it maybe its been decat in the past and that has been done?

clio 172 ph2
dont know then. i aint got a de-cat like but does it allways come on when you decat it? if so bulb gone? or you can get that thing done what turns the emmisions light off not sure what its called i know a few lads of here have mentioned it maybe its been decat in the past and that has been done?

doubt it has been done b4. car was standered when i got it 6 months ago, its only had 1 lady owner and only done 44k. dont think she would go to any effort to make the car standerd if she was selling it. light works fine

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Doesnt allways make the light come on.loads of people have decats on here with no dash lights.i have a decat and also do not have the light on the dash :)

S

Ste King 182

not sure then mate, i wouldent be to botherd if i where you as its a bonus that its been decated and no light has came on :approve:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Put my decat pipe on, mmm maybe 3 months ago and the light hasnt come on:approve:

Dan.

Evo 8 MR
Your post cat lambda might be faulty. I know mine is and I don't get a light. When I had a known working one the light would come on after a couple of weeks of clearing it.

ivr had mine on a few months and it came up not so long ago, i cleared the code and it hasnt came on since !

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Mine comes on every 300 miles. I have been clearing the codes off and resetting the ecu everytime. I can't be arsed now though. If it comes on I just leave It on