ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat pipe

Clio 1.8 16v & AX GT
will a decat pipe make much difference to performance? and wot if any, r the punishments for geting caught without a cat converter? cheers.

No punishemnt if your car has the reight emmisons which depends on the age of the car.
Some cars are fine even with deacat others arn't even with the same emmisions etc.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Won't really make much difference to perfomance,will just add a raspier note and should rev a little better too

Turbos.
No punishemnt if your car has the reight emmisons which depends on the age of the car.
Some cars are fine even with deacat others arn't even with the same emmisions etc.

You sure, i thought all post 92 cars HAD to have a cat regardless? Or is this for manufacturers only?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
depends what reg your car is mate whether you can run a decat permanently or not, think its something like L reg and previous thats ok, (i will stand corrected on that though)
otherwise if you get pulled just say that the car has got an mot and you bought it like it and didn't know the pipe was in there, then you have chance to just get it checked at a later date by which point you would have the cat back in...lol

as for performance, i think it makes quite a difference on the valvers, mine revs more freely and is so much better lower in the range, it felt rubbish when i had the cat back on for the mot

You sure, i thought all post 92 cars HAD to have a cat regardless? Or is this for manufacturers only?

Only just seen how bad my spelling there was.

Manurfacturers had to install them and the tolerances were tigthened a lot but with a decat you can still somtimes get through.

cup 182 mit stripes
Do'nt worry about the spelling edde, just keep on giving us all the good Clio information.