ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat pipe on and just remap tomorrow....but

clio 182 ff
I have had the decat pipe fitted a few days now and it's slowly becoming a pain the arse, I have bin reading a few threads and a few of you believe that even a remap won't cure the flat spot? What's the take on this? Is this true?
What kind of extra bhp would I expect to gain on with a decat,remap and a induction kit?

clio 182 ff
That's what I thought, it was was dyno'd yesterday and just with the decat and induction kit no remap It managed 201hp bt the flat spot Is quite big

53 Clio's & counting
On what rollers mate? Id imagine you would get close to 7-10bhp on a good day - nothing you would notice but will make it drive a little better

dont bother with the induction kit, waste of money unless you like the induction snort (which is rather nice tbh) check out the Fastcar test thread sticky me bob at top of this forum. with a remap I always gained 8bhp and 10lb/ft, but that was right across the rev range. makes a difference low down but not major league. Raised limiter can help with accel but to be honest f4r engines are so all over the place you wont be blowing away other sports....

Clio 200
I'd bother with the induction, how ever its not cheap the Maxogen? ( ktec website) is around £300 but over on 197/200.net one guy porved he gained around 6 BHP from that alone. i know on the 200, the flat spot is massive with the second car removed,how ever alot of people say after a map, it does losen the revs up a bit.. Hope that helps..

200 GORDINI
i was thinking of purchasing a akrapovic evolution system and putting the maxogen on + a remap,but are you guys saying the flatspot is always there(might just get the back box bit then n keep the cat)

Clio 200
im assuming you can map out the flat spots, alot of people buy the akrapovic system ( or how ever you spell it) and they sound is great. id reccomend wacking a post up on 200.net seeing what people think.. i know they havnt been able to map it out 100%, but im sure it cant be far off by now :)

Clio 172 Phase 1
Interesting.. de-catted my car and it does feel flat lower down now, may look into getting a re-map I think!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A remap will cure it if its a good remap.
The decat changes the fuelling requirements of the engine, the point where it works best can lead to a lean splutter where there is no longer enough fuel in the map to meet the new requirements, so providing whoever maps it does a good job, that problem is easily solved.

Clio 172 Phase 1
The decat changes the fuelling requirements of the engine, the point where it works best can lead to a lean splutter where there is no longer enough fuel in the map to meet the new requirements, so providing whoever maps it does a good job, that problem is easily solved.

Ok mate cheers, pretty dissapointed tbh I thought I might get a few pops but there isn't any, guessing it's the silencer?

200 GORDINI
ditto with chip,spoke to andy at k-tech re having mine done and this is possible.:)

mondeo titanium tdci
Put my yozza on with decat after ktec mapped mine and felt a lot better really should get ktec to tweak my map but after pulling 187 bhp I can't complain even with a k&n gen 2 induction kit which everybody slates on here