ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat or no decat...

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Basically I'm getting a 2nd hand Ktec pro system fitted on sat on the 200, the exhaust has come with a decat pipe already connected, now I'm in 2 minds whether to keep the cat or not, I think it's gonna be waaay too loud and then there's the flat spot issue, has anyone got a pro on there 197/200 and how loud is it? There's only a couple of vids on YouTube and it's hard to tell.

Ta Craig

Took the plunge and had it decatted... Glad i did, it sounds throaty and raspy :) much better

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My 197 was decatted and sounded mint but do not under estimate the decat issue mate. It ruined the drive on mine and IMO you would need to get it remapped.

My 197 was decatted and sounded mint but do not under estimate the decat issue mate. It ruined the drive on mine and IMO you would need to get it remapped.

Ill be honest, i was slightly nervous driving it due to being worried about the flatspot, but its a lot less noticeable now than it was before with the centre section removed. Ill see how it goes as im tempted to book it in with paul at rs tuning when i get some monies :) Was it the flat spot which ruined the drive on yours mate or something else?

Craig

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ill be honest, i was slightly nervous driving it due to being worried about the flatspot, but its a lot less noticeable now than it was before with the centre section removed. Ill see how it goes as im tempted to book it in with paul at rs tuning when i get some monies :) Was it the flat spot which ruined the drive on yours mate or something else?

Craig

The flat spot mate but the sound was mint. RS tuning can sort it out now so no probs.

Seriously, are there any thread where you dont chelp off in?s

Wind it in. I'm stating a fact and contributing to the thread. if you don't like what I type then stop crying like a baby and use the block feature. PMSL!

Scrooge, no mate I'm not getting one. Illegal = uninsured.