ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat on standard exhaust

Ph1 track slag
Hi I'm fairly new here I have a rb 182cup. Just wondering if it would be worthwhile to fit a decat pipe on the standard system as i dont really want a bigger, louder exhaust just a little bit more power..?.

thanks

Ph1 track slag
ok thanks i might give it a try if i can get my hands on one cheap off ebay. what exhaust have you got? I'm toying with the idea of getting a scorpion/yozzasport cat back but just got rid of my old car that was loud because it was driving me mad and deaf lol (pulsar with a full turbo back 3'' system with no boxes) so hoping the clio would be a lot quieter than this!

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Just took mine off. I had the scorpian decat pipe. IMO it didn't really make a massive deal of difference to sound level just changed the note to more of a raspy one. So I'm just gettin a custom exhaust system instead.

Ph1 track slag
thanks for the replys still not sure though think i'd have to here one with a cat back on before i make my mind up. really want to avoid the chavvy loud exhaust note attracts unwanted attention!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I have the standard exhaust. If ya want a certain sound perhaps go custom and you'll get exactly what ya want including looks. Decat will always be louder with an aftermarket exhaust so bare that in mind.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I had a decat on the standard 172 system, made it raspier as to performance difference not sure if it made any diff