ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat light

Clio 172 PH2
Guys sorry for the question, if i have a light on due to a decat can't i simply fit a spacer ie sparkplug extender which moves out further out of the exhaust stream.

I've done this on other cars.

Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah most likely! Sometimes just clearing the code can make it stay off for a while. I have the same problem though with my decat.

Clio 172 PH2
Anyone know the size? - sometimes you can fit sparkplug ones.

I know why it comes on, the two o2 sensors have to correlate and one is the check the CAT is still okay and working. Since its been decatted the flow will be different and it thinks the CAT is knackered, fitting a spacer removes out of the stream and within tolerance.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Often though people have no problems at all with the EML whilst running a decat. Believe the hole is 18mm, but don't hold me on that.

monaco 172
my old 182 got the light once a week or so until i mapped it with rs tuner and then i never saw the light again.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Apparently you can plug the hole with a bolt and cable tie the sensor underneath and achieve the same with the light going off. Although I wouldn't do that unless it was safely shielded from the elements. I never had a light on my 182 with a Decat so it's just random as to whether it comes on or not.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Apparently you can plug the hole with a bolt and cable tie the sensor underneath and achieve the same with the light going off. Although I wouldn't do that unless it was safely shielded from the elements. I never had a light on my 182 with a Decat so it's just random as to whether it comes on or not.
Mines like this, but i have the EML.