ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat and removing the original

Dci 100
how do i remove the orignal cat from my car? i cant get my hands in behind those spring loaded bolts so i've got no chance of getting a spanner there, also how do i fit them in that space again, its looking very awkward

was hoping to fit my decat today, but i'm not gonna bother taking the original off unless i know i can fit the new one lol

anyone done the job themselves that can point me in the right direction?

or should i just take it to an exhaust place to get it fitted?

Civic Type R EK9
very easy mate 2 10mm spanners on sprung loaded bolts theres plenty of room behind!! then you got a sprung clamp near the rear which can be tricky

Dci 100
so i can fit a 10mm spanner on each end of those sprung bolts then?

i thought the nuts were tricky so i dunno how i'm gonna do the clamp, will the clamp need to be fitted back on when i fit the decat?

Civic Type R EK9
yes very easy mate 2 10mm spanners on each end no probs and for the clamp you will to refit it to ensure it stays together and seals ok

a little tip tighten the clamp until its tight as it will go then shake it fairly hard and try tightening it again and it will sit into place better and be able to tighten again repeat this until tight any probs pm me good luck

Dci 100
think your right DH, I've just had a go at removing them nuts again, and i just cant get anything behind them at all, not enough space, theres an ATS euromaster 5 mins down the road, gonna drop by and see if they'll do it for me...they must replace cats all the time so it shouldnt be too much hassle for them