ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Clio, Wont Start, No Central Locking, No Immobiliser Light??

clio 1.2
Hi guys in need of big help, had a problem with my clio dci 02 plate sometimes refusing to start, basicly i would turn the key and nothing just a click from a relay in the engine bay, then the 2nd turn it would usually start straight up (weird),

I removed the battery and put this on charge and cleaned all the relays/fuses in the engine bay, now i refitted the battery i have no central locking, no interior light, no hazards, no immobiliser light and its completely dead doesnt start?

Any help appreciated thanks

Mark

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
hmm all relays and fuses?
i reckon u go double check everything uve touched as has to be one of them(or a few) which aint back in right for you not to get nothing atall now,
original problem just a long shot but noticed its a dci and always started 2nd turn?coil plugs not gettin long enough or along the lines of starter motor connections, but this just in my opinion

clio 1.2
Hi thanks for quick reply, i checked all the relays fuses but cant seem to find any bad connections,etc, is there any diagrams of what fuse/relay controls in the engine bay? Your probably right about the original problem, more than likely bad earth or starter power lead, thanks

mark

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you've removed it, and then refitted it .. and only now this problem has arisen, I'd suggest that you have just caused it.

Make sure both connections on the battery are tight and correct and the right way round ! :-S

Do the dCi's have inertia switches ? Ph1's did .. fairly sure Ph2's don't but someone will confirm....

clio 1.2
If you've removed it, and then refitted it .. and only now this problem has arisen, I'd suggest that you have just caused it.

Make sure both connections on the battery are tight and correct and the right way round ! :-S

Do the dCi's have inertia switches ? Ph1's did .. fairly sure Ph2's don't but someone will confirm....

Ive quite possibly caused the central locking unit to screw up but cant find a problem with any of the fuses/relays that i removed and refitted (but more than likely there is) does anyone know what they control as there not listed in autodata, The battery leads are the right way lol

Forgot to add, the reason i did remove the battery was because it wouldnt start at all, the immobiliser light was permanently lit, this was after it sat unused for 2 weeks, id be quite confident that it was a earth or power problem to the starter, i do still get the relay click from the engine bay when trying to start now but obviously no central locking,etc

Mark

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i cant remember how the imobiliser light goes when its not reckonising the key,i had to get a new key as car wouldnt start and the imob light would just stay on instead of flash and not allow me to start the car
how olds your car?mine was about 10 when my key f*cked

clio 1.2
It could be the key aswell but i need to fix the central locking problem 1st, ive also noticed that glow plug light doesnt come on either?

Mark

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i reckon uve royally f*cked sumthin up an need to get things looked at and tested, to much not working for my liking,
know any renault machanics?someone will be along soon on here hopefully for your sake to maybe explain things

clio 1.2
i reckon uve royally f*cked sumthin up an need to get things looked at and tested, to much not working for my liking,
know any renault machanics?someone will be along soon on here hopefully for your sake to maybe explain things

All i did was remove some fuses and relays and refit, at worse one isnt connected properly hence asking if anyone has any diagrams??

Mark

Audi TT 225 Quattro
My Clio did this (the clicking when trying to start) when my Alternater went, definately worth getting this checked out if u havnt already resolved the problem :)

Impreza WRX
New key bud. Had all this with mine, tried everything. Car goes into immobilised state sometimes and nothing will work.
Especially embarrassing in a busy petrol station!

Reanault Clio 1.4
I'll try and get it plugged in within the next few weeks, such a pain to do when it doesnt move though

Mark
did you manage to sort this problem? i got the same.. i was testing the uch with multi reader and i bridged connectiond ans something blew.. car been dead since.. wont startlock lalala i change the ecu and the uch and still nothing helllppppppp

Clio Dci
Hi,
I am having the exact same problem with my Dci. I was wiring in a sub woofer and so had to disconnect the battery. When I reconnected it all this began. Weird thing was, It suddenly started about a week ago, I drove it for four days to work and back without any problems, then on the fith day it was back to this again. Did anyone get to the bottom of what was going on? I am at my wits end with it!
Cheers.
Ed.

Clio Dci
Hi Thank you for getting back on that. I checked the central locking fuse and it was fine. Any other suggestions?
Cheers.
Ed.

renault clio
Hi, I'm new on this . Got a same fault. No windows , central locking, no lights no immobiliser light, only heater blower work . What did you do to sort it out . Thank You,

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ok I know this is a VERY old thread but I thought i'd share my experience of this very temperamental little cars electronics. Once thing you must check over quite often with these is the EARTH points. They become grimy, rusty, dirty and useless pretty darn quick. I had a problem with the battery not charging right. Fixed by checking the earth for the battery and alternator (actually re-tapped the battery one) then had an issue with the lights not flashing twice from central locking. Checked earth points for all four light clusters on that one, multi timer, UCH and BCU (under and directly behind glove box in the MK2 PH2 1.2 16v may not apply to all of you) just be patient, check your points and you should find the issue.