ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De cat for 172 phase 2

Im getting my exhaust system fitted tomorrow (magnex) and i thought while i was at it i might aswell get a de cat put on too.Took it to a place near me that does custom exhausts aswell and they said that they wouldnt do it because they would have to cut the flange off the cat which i dont want doing (i would have thought any decent company would have a large selection of flanges?). But while the car was on the ramp i had a look at the cat and i suggested cutting the pipe that goes from the cat to the manifold about 2-3" off the cat and welding a flange on,then to weld a flange onto the cat so it would only be a short piece to swap over.I was told this wasnt worth the hassle,so i left it at that.

Went home slightly miffed and started ringing round places to see if i could get a de cat made up-one place told me they wouldnt do it because they were a MOT testing station and it would break their rules to put a de cat on (they were a powerflow dealer too) and the others i rung just werent interested.I rang Prima Racing at nottingham who said that they didnt do a de cat for my car although they did ask me if i wanted to use my car to test their sports cat,which i cant do because of needing the car for work and not getting time off.I tried Hill Power and they dont do one (top notch bloke though!!!!) and he recommended Halfords,who in turn recommended him!I have also tried Roadrunner at nottingham but they are out of stock of janspeed ones untill next week.

I would really like to get on e this week because ive got the week off and when im back at work the only day off i get is a sunday :(

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gav.

p.s sorry for the long post!

Motorsport world are the same price as Roadrunner but i would have to pay postage on top of that (roadrunner is only 10mins away) and £300 for a sports cat or £120 for a de cat?Im not made of money and the 20 mins it takes to swap the cat over every year is something i could put up with.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR at custom exhaust makers.I bet i wouldnt have any trouble if i had a sh!tty corsa or paxo.

Gav.

I got mine as part of the Full 63mm race system.

Part Number is 872912

and you can get em from most places but I would strongly recommend carnoisser in Southend, (say you uses this forum and you might get some money off ;-) )

I think there bout £100 but the quality is second to none ( and it is direct replacement for the standard one ) but bigger tube size :D

Forgot to mention that they also do a sports CAT for the 172,

But i think that may cost more that you whole Magnex system did !!