ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat fitted

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Had my de-cat (supplied by Gray) fitted today by carlton garages and the chap said to me he thought it was a good bit of kit. Anyway first impressions driving it some 70 miles home are good.
Bit louder than norm but not too bad just made the ktec exhaust sound a bit more purposeful. Also it has made a difference to the car it feels more responsive and willing to zing up the rev range. Suppose its just cause its flowing better maybe?
Anyway no emissions light yet so all good fingers crossed it stays off. Cheers for the pipe Gray.

ValverInBits
my emissions light never came on. It made a pretty big difference to my car, putting on the 182 manifold and decat. Don't know which mod was more benificial

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Was thinking of the 182 manifold myself but had to put a bit of cash toward some paint work. Maybe one day.
The decat was supplied through Gray on here PM him for details matey;)

340i
Cheers for the positive feedback matey...

Another satisfied customer :D

I still have two more pipes left if anybody else is interested?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
spot on. i've been thinking about this myself. but i know of a few recently that have been targeted by police....... dont know what happens if you're caught?

ValverInBits
spot on. i've been thinking about this myself. but i know of a few recently that have been targeted by police....... dont know what happens if you're caught?

Matteh seems to be up on the law in this area iirc.

Beleive he said, It's not illegal to have one, but it is illegal to fail an emmisions test at MOT.
Don't know the concequences of the police catching you with a decat. I should imagine that they would issue you with a vehicle defect thingy (same as if you have bald tyres) and you have to rectify the problem and have it checked at an MOT centre within 14 days.

anyone agree?

BMW F31
i take it no one bothers declaring these on insurance?

also i've heard it best to leave the lambda sensor out so i think i'll be doing that :)